We are currently seeking a Transportation Engineer with a focus on Water Resources to join the RS&H Transportation-Infrastructure Practice in Jacksonville, Florida.
This Transportation Engineer will assist our growing transportation group in the areas of Water Resources, specifically with drainage design and analysis on transportation projects. This associate will serve in a leadership and production role to help manage the design and delivery of multi-disciplinary transportation projects with a focus on projects in North Florida. This associate will serve as Drainage Task Lead and/or Engineer-of-Record on a variety of drainage assignments including the hydrologic and hydraulic design of stormwater management facilities, control structures, drainage collection and conveyance systems, bridge hydraulics, and other transportation drainage infrastructure. In addition, this associate will be responsible for project and task management, assistance with marketing activities, management and development of staff, and performing quality control reviews.
- ABET accredited Bachelor or Master of Engineering degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 6+ years' experience within the field of roadway drainage engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Florida
- Roadway drainage design experience including stormwater management design, drainage collection/conveyance systems, and permitting for transportation projects
- Previous experience on Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) design projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Bentley platforms (OpenRoads, Microstation, and Geopak), and H/H software (ICPR, HY-8, HEC-RAS, etc.)
- Expert knowledge and experience with local and state drainage engineering standards and practices
- Strong work ethic and desire to grow professionally
- Previous experience as a Project Manager, Task Manager, Design Lead, or Engineer-of-Record on FDOT projects
- Experience with diverse projects using Design-Build and other Alternative Project Delivery methods;
- Understanding of 3D Design, including experience with Microstation OpenRoads Designer
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
We value highly-motivated individuals that are interested in collaboratively working with a team of ambitious thinkers, learners, and entrepreneurs. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving and improving the overall quality of life. By joining our team, you too can lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation.
With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.