Our growing business needs an additional Warehouse/Yard Operative.
Trainee - or Experienced? Whether you have experience or not of working in a warehouse environment and driving a Fork Lift Truck, if you enjoy working outside as part of a team, then this could be for you!
We are seeking a Warehouse / Yard Operative to join our team to help us meet customers' demands. This position is based in Shefford, Beds and here we manufacture polymer concrete surface water drainage products for the construction industry. The working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, working shifts of 6am-2pm, and 2pm-10pm.You would be working in a culture of entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and high standards with the freedom to create your own job satisfaction through ownership and continuous improvement.
Openness and honesty are key characteristics to working with us as this creates a friendly, flexible environment where colleagues are keen to share information and work together to achieve the best results.
As a Warehouse Operative you will work in a team to pick and despatch orders to customers to a high quality standard, always adhering to our Health & Safety requirements. You will check incoming components for quantity and integrity and storing them in the correct places.
Our manufacturing business operates with another site too and offsite storage in other locations, so you must be flexible to work at these sites as required, dealing with a variety of warehouse tasks either inside or outside in all conditions.
Duties will include:
- To pick and stack orders ready for dispatch
- To load and unload incoming and outgoing vehicles
- To supply production with raw materials
- To book transport for goods leaving site
- Assisting in stock takes
- Working with a WMS system
- To check incoming components and process the relevant paperwork
- Daily housekeeping duties
- To be able to assist in customer queries
- Ideally have an accredited (e.g. RTITB or ITSSAR) Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck licence, refreshed within the last 5 years. However, if you have previously driven a Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck and your licence has expired, refresher training can be provided.
- Be physically fit and work well in a team.
- Enjoy working outside in all climates (suitable clothing will be provided).
- Comply with the Health & Safety Regulations and our Company standards at all times.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Be a good communicator.
- Be numerate with a good attention to detail.
- Be flexible in your approach to work and willing to work overtime when required.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary with 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays and extensive training. We offer a Company Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare is available after a qualifying period.
The working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, working shifts of 6am-2pm, and 2pm-10pm. Overtime is worked as required, including on Saturdays and overtime rates will apply.