The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for the leading, development and management of people, motivating and developing team members to deliver a customer focussed service, whilst meeting all Health & Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Morale targets.
Delivering improvement of Internal & External warehouse management, Supermarket management and all material movements from receipt of material to delivery to the customer.
Promote and deliver a team-based culture of problem-solving and continuous improvement, developing all Team Members at all levels to drive the company forward.
Salary, Hours, and Benefits
- £35,000 - £40,000, negotiable, dependent on experience
- 37.5 hours per week. 8:30am - 5pm, Monday to Thursday, 2:00pm finish on Friday's (with flexibility available)
- Life Assurance, x2 of salary
- Employee rewards portal
- Cycle to Work scheme
Commutable From: Birmingham, Leicester, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Tamworth
Warehouse Manager Candidate Requirements
- Knowledge of barcoding implementation and Automation would be highly advantageous.
- HNC or equivalent in Manufacturing or Engineering related subject and or experience within a similar environment.
- Warehouse management within a manufacturing environment.
- Implementing company policies & procedures, Managing Health & Safety, Managing within a changing environment, Forward planning / project management, Budgetary control.
- Problem-solving knowledge, Leading, developing and motivating teams, Ability to set objectives and drive results
- Sound decision maker, PC literate, Excellent time management, with Strong integrity and ethical values.
Warehouse Manager Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Instill, reinforce and drive a customer focussed mentality within the team. Implement, maintain and improve Material delivery processes for all value streams.
- Ensure effective storage and replenishment of all materials from point of receipt in supermarket through to delivery to customer, within agreed timeframe.
- Ensure FIFO principles are deployed for all stored material within supermarket areas. Manage, monitor and provide solutions for the Excess Material process.
- Identify, monitor & resolve process gaps. Implement and execute daily standard work audits, capturing all processes at least fortnightly.
- Champion the improvement of Management, H&S & Quality Systems (ISO 9001, 14001, Customer & Internal Processes).
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures. Develop, lead & improve the Daily Management System (Leader Standard Work).
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Logistics Recruitment Support since 1994