766 million. That's how many lives our products touch. At Novartis, being there when and how it matters most for our patients and customers allows us to live our purpose and help bring maximum impact to health outcomes.
Furthering our commitment to transforming medicine for patients, Novartis is embarking on an ambitious and exciting journey to reinvent how we use technology, data, and customer insights to better serve our consumer's needs and put them on a path to better health. This includes taking bold approaches that begin with a customer-centric mindset and harness the power of today's digital and data-driven healthcare revolution to continue to improve and extend even more people's lives.
• Do you want to help people understand their disease and how to seek out the proper treatment for it?
• Do you want to support patients achieve the best possible outcomes?
• Do you want to deliver a leading customer experience at all touchpoints?
• Do you want to be at the forefront of leveraging today's technology advances to create tomorrow's healthcare innovations?
We believe the answers are found when curious, adventurous, and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to utilize the power of digital and data to individualize and maximize interactions with customers. Where you're empowered to not fear failure when taking smart risks. And most importantly, where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
The Virtual Sales Specialist is accountable for driving product demand and building/performing business plans to meet sales goals for assigned area for the approved Novartis CRM (Cardiovascular, Renal & Metabolism) portfolio consistent with Novartis' compliance standards.
This is a remote opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with Area Business Leaders, PCP Sales Specialists and Cardiovascular Sales Specialists to build and implement business plans while ethically and compliantly driving achievement of sales targets for assigned area, customers, or therapeutic area.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with all Cardiovascular Sales Specialist and PCP Sales Specialist counterparts to ensure office coverage and pull-through with key customers in the assigned geography.
• Provide warm leads to the PCP Sales Specialists and Sales Specialists based on coverage of remote and lower tier HCP's and uses expert knowledge of Novartis Cardiovascular brands to build professional customer relationships and to support effective clinical discussions.
• Provide vacancy coverage for local territories to call on customers live and/or virtually and deliver samples either live and/or via mail based on business need.
• Develops and applies understanding of customer organizations and networks and of diverse influences that affect customer decisions (e.g., peer relationships).
• Completes call plans for customers, including medical experts from customer or academic communities.
• Makes effective use of available technologies, marketing assets and channels to support sales calls.
• Deploys and uses approved marketing and sales promotional materials and programs and runs virtual promotional programs and facilitates pull-through activities.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You'll Bring to the Role:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 2+ years in a B2B environment or equivalent experience.
• Expertise in computer technology that is specific to virtual sales or learning environments.
• Expertise in communication and influencing skills.
• This is a virtual and remote position. Candidate must be based within that region. No travel required. No relocation available.
Why Consider Novartis?
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity, and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams' representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations:
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to call + and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers' (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: