How You'll Make an Impact:
DispatchHealth is seeking an exceptional leader to assist with running the accounting system, provide the management team and shareholders with insight into operational performance, and ensure excellence in many administrative functions in the company. The VP, Accounting will also drive important projects to help grow the company.
The VP, Accounting will have the opportunity to define the structure of the accounting function, and to help hire a team to deliver quality results. He or she will create processes and policies that ensure timely delivery of accurate financial reports, facilitate the smooth operation of all financial systems, and support the rapid growth of the company while at the same time controlling costs.
The VP, Accounting will display the ability to learn quickly and will possess a genuine interest in building stronger organizational discipline in operational accounting and finance. This will be backed by an entrepreneurial attitude mixing can-do' with roll up your sleeves', as well as great communication skills and a strong sense of ethics. At the same time, the VP, Accounting must possess strong analytical skills, exemplary organizational skills, and a passion for details. The ability to quickly and accurately prepare and analyze financial reports, manage multiple projects on tight deadlines, and maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information are all incumbent in this role.
The VP, Accounting will quickly establish and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, which requires the ability to relate well - up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. He or she must be able to quickly build rapport and effective relationships guided by creativity, collaboration, honesty, emotional intelligence, and a sense of humor.
What You'll Do:
The VP, Accounting will be the right-hand person of the Controller, either managing or supporting all aspects of finance and administration. The VP, Accounting's first responsibility will be to build an accounting function and team to support DispatchHealth as it moves from a mid-stage company to a larger company, and design and implement processes and tools to support high growth. Specific tasks will include:
- Responsible for timely, accurate and efficient monthly accounting close
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of monthly consolidated reporting as well as management reporting
- Manage accounting functions on a day-to-day basis including ,general ledger accounting accounts payable, fixed assets,
- Works with the Controller to establish a financial systems roadmap for the accounting department to strategically identify any gaps in our tools and use of software, and further integrate software into accounting processes and procedures for efficiency and streamlining
- Performs technical accounting issue research and resolution as necessary
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, including consolidation of multiple entities
- Supervises the preparation of the monthly management financial reporting package, including variance analysis
- Reporting of operational data to key members of leadership team, including metrics
- Assists with the annual financial audit process performed by our independent CPA firm.
- Prepare financials in accordance with SEC reporting requirements
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Assists with the development, documentation, and implementation of internal controls
- Develops, maintains and enhances accounting and finance policies, processes and procedures to comply with US GAAP
- Seeks opportunities to revise or create new policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting group
- Implements controls in accordance with SOX requirements
Manages projects and initiatives as assigned
- Leads or assists with various accounting process improvement initiatives
- Responsible for organization of local, state and federal tax compliance and reporting
- Manages preparation of regulatory filings, including coordination of Form(s) 5500 with payroll and any other required filings
- Helps establish and implement short and long-range accounting department goals, objectives, policies and procedures
- Works with the Controller to ensure adequate and appropriate insurance coverage
What You Need:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in finance, accounting, or similar field.
- At least 2 years of experience in public accounting, ideally at a national firm
- A CPA certification - Required
- 10+ years experience as an Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller in similarly-sized business in a fast-paced growth environment
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with multiple projects to manage.
- Proven skill in building and motivating teams
- Low ego leader who can delve into the details but can also summarize information and present to executives
- Public company experience
- Experience in a multi-site operation
- Experience in an mid-stage venture-backed environment.
- Experience with an insurance-reimbursed healthcare provider.
Who We Are:
DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare delivery through mobile and virtual healthcare. A rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we provide right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience, and service. DispatchHealth is creating an integrated, convenient, high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures that we provide personalized, quality care in the home or at the patient's location of need. Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the expertise and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care, supported by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and to improve outcomes. DispatchHealth brings together experienced professionals with proven success in medicine, engineering and operations and a passion for transforming the healthcare landscape.
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family, and short-term disability leave.
Do you want to be part of and thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage, entrepreneurial technology, and healthcare delivery company?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done?
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology innovation, service and quality care delivered to patients?
We deliver trusted, compassionate care to all in the comfort of home.
Building the world's largest in-home care system.
Our Values are embodied in The DispatchWay
- Courage to advocate for our patients and each other
- Innovation to trailblaze a new path for healthcare
- Integrity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
- Compassion to provide quality, safe and excellent care
Connect With Us:
Get to know us! Watch the video above to hear from healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow us on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube to learn more.