Utility Machine Operator - Days
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Hanover, NH
Sheridan's roots in Hanover, New Hampshire go way back to 1793 as part of Dartmouth College, but that doesn't make us a relic. In fact, in Hanover, you'll find a lively, tight-knit group of employees who know how to have fun and work hard.
The Press Utility Machine Operator is responsible for covering all aspects of an Entry-Level Machine Operator, Roll Tender, Feeder Operator, or Advanced Stockroom Attendant as assigned.
- Fill in for roles of Entry-Level Machine Operator, Roll Tender, Feeder Operator, or Advanced Stockroom Attendant as assigned.
- Entry-Level Machine Operator:
- Review job ticket and process relevant information.
- Set up stacker, log bundler and palletizer for product size.
- Program robotic palletizer or log bundler to create load in accordance with Finishing guidelines.
- Maintain adequate supply of skids, dividers and strapping in palletizer and log bundler.
- Attend folder/sheeter at start of forms.
- Roll Tender:
- Verify correct basis of weight and stock of paper to be used. Inspect paper for defects and record data on appropriate reports.
- Prepare press for running conditions.
- Adjust web for correct position.
- Present signature for content check to Supervisor.
- Maintain ink and working supply levels. Sample fountain solution as required.
- Feeder Operator:
- Perform required pre-make ready I procedures.
- Perform required feeder make-ready procedures including roll to sheet changeovers.
- Perform required press make-ready 1 including plate changes.
- Document paper consumption.
- Prepare paper loads for back-up printing.
- Maintain consumable supplies press inventory.
- Maintain proper solution levels.
- Advanced Stockroom Attendant:
- Receive and store all material coming into the warehouse.
- Complete required paperwork.
- Check the daily press schedule to ensure adequate stock for upcoming demands.
- Supply all departments with material requested from stockroom.
- Supply stock to web and sheetfed presses.
- Operate all material handling equipment.
- Maintain ink formula files.
- Proof mixed inks for color approval.
- Estimate ink usage requirements.
- Select appropriate ink system to match end use requirements.
- Maintain web ink usage and clingage records.
- Complete and file required documentation for disposal of departmental hazardous waste.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- Proven mechanical ability required.
- Proven organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills required.
- At least 6 months previous experience operating a forklift required.
- Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a standing position for a full shift.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 20 lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. frequently, and 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Frequent standing, walking, handling, and reaching/working overhead required.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, crouching, and crawling required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being near moving machinery, exposure to chemicals & inks with splash risk, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection, eye protection, and safety shoes.
Schedule is 2 days on / 2 days off, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM - 36 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 36 hours per week
- Day shift pays an extra shift differential!
- Eligible for $1,000 hiring bonus after 12 weeks!
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 603-653-7314 or .