Air Force (AF) Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities (TENCAP) is a congressionally mandated program which increases warfighter effectiveness through the exploitation of national capabilities and promotes cross-domain integration of these capabilities into military operations/training, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) activities. AF TENCAP projects can influence the design and operation of future air, space, cyber, national, and global ISR and non-traditional ISR (NTISR) while providing awareness to warfighters and national intelligence agency organizations and units. TENCAP Information Technology (IT) requires services in support of the numerous and diverse classified and unclassified systems, networks, exercises, and developmental missions within the TENCAP work center, provides systems engineering, computer systems support, IT engineering, hardware operating systems, peripheral (HOSP) maintenance, video teleconferencing support, communications security (COMSEC), and audio/visual services to all units. IT is integral to the entire AF TENCAP mission.
As a Senior Computer Systems Engineer/Architect you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Develop and review communication system requirements, compare potential needs with existing infrastructure, identify shortfalls and excesses, integrate communication systems to achieve interoperability and establish continuity procedures and a reference library of pertinent policies, procedures, documents, and architectures to properly plan for future communication systems.
- Meet with customers/users on a regular basis to learn about their organizational structures, unit missions and requirements to gain a better understanding of their needs and to educate customers on processes and procedures.
- Develop Communication System Requirement Document (CSRD) technical solutions and Communication and Information Systems Installation Records (CSIR) and review annually to provide network, computer system, financial, installation, outside agency coordination, information assurance and customer assistance.
- Provide all technical network and systems engineering expertise to the Government with a complete technical solution that meets the requirement or intent of the customer, provide recommendations to the Government regarding issues with a CSRD, and provide the Government with alternatives to meet the requirements outlined in the CSRD.
- Perform facility layout and engineering, to include accounting for and coordinating security accreditation issues, equipment placement, and equipment cooling and power requirements.
- Participate in planning forums, briefings, conferences, and meetings to keep informed on internal and external resources.
- Perform systems architecture design and planning and develop and maintain an overall plan for systems upgrades to support long-term budgeting.
- Update, maintain, and deliver CSIR and schematic operational, systems, and technical architecture drawings.
- Update, maintain, and deliver interface drawings between systems, connectivity drawings of equipment to various LANs and current configuration modifications IAW AFI 33-150 requirements derived from communication requirements and system accreditation processes.
- Administer, maintain, edit, and train operators on Microsoft platforms of PowerBI, PowerAPP, and PowerAutomate.
- Establish a Configuration Management Office and support the Government with receiving customer/user-identified communication requirements using established processes and tools, develop/coordinate technical solutions for the requirements, and verify the systems will work within the baseline infrastructure.
- Deliver technical solutions, software, designs, records, databases, manuals, guides, standard operating procedures, and similar items developed in rendering Configuration Management Office services.
- Define requirements, develop/find technical solutions, work plans that are consistent with architectural and information system security guidelines and policies, and update local procedures explaining how to prepare and process communication system requirements. Technical solution coordination shall include, as a minimum, information assurance and systems engineering review.
- Monitor requirements and inform the requesting organization of its status throughout the design, implementation, and accreditation stages.
- Analyze and communicate impact on the infrastructure and detail the methods and means of implementation to include system description, points of contact, actual or forecasted implementation dates, hardware and software requirements, funding and classification of information processed in the review.
- Determine what resources are available for installation and maintenance of equipment and include in the work plan; consider what logistics support the system needs and coordinate maintenance planning, supply support, technical data, manpower, facilities, packaging, handling, storage, and transportation.
- Support the Government with the management process applied throughout the life of an Automated Information System (AIS) and help determine whether benefits of the expected life of a system or facility are worth the cost, or if leased, whether length of the contract is worth the overall cost.
This position will be located at the Government workspace in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following:
- IAT Level II certification
- Bachelors Degree in Computer or IT-related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in computer systems engineering, design, and enterprise architecture
- TOP SECRET Security Clearance
If you are interested in supporting and working with our military and a passionate Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
This position is contingent upon contract award.
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $112,603.57 to $195,179.52; however, Serco considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit:
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: or call the HR Service Desk at , option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email .
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).