The Technical Service Specialist
will provide in-depth technical direction and assistance to customer(s) regarding the use of Axalta coating products in the automotive industry. Technical Service Specialist Essential Functions:
- Manage relationships with both manufacturing and engineering at customer sites; maintain key communication regarding daily projects, line issues and future planning via meetings and daily communication.
- Provide technical direction and assistance to customers on the use of product lines; serves as an expert in a single technology or applies a working knowledge of multiple technologies and may involve multiple sites.
- Respond to questions and concerns regarding product lines and general operations; involves complex situations that require basic project management to resolve situations.
- Troubleshoot& resolve paintingissues and problems by provide recommendations on issues related to product, application, inventory and general paint process to help the customer overcome line problems. Utilize resources such as prior training, experience, GBT and other TSSs. Gather data and material samples for analysis, testing and reporting.
- Communicate with appropriate Axalta departments for daily updates on paint consumption, invoices, inventory, and paint ordering.
- Communicate data collection including (but not limited to): Viscosity and Temperature data, appearance data using Wave Scan and film build collection devices. Collect and understand how to analysis the data. Regularly report data collection results summary internally and to the customer if required. Notify appropriate parties if data reveals results outside of expectations.
- Serves as a liaison with sales by interacting with line and management personnel, developing a complete understanding of needs and operations, and providing observations and leads to sales; receives direction from other personnel.
- Serves as an operational advisor to customers by applying general quality tools and analytical concepts to assist with improving product quality and efficiency; supports monthly plant quality reports for customers. Make recommendations regarding specification ranges (i.e. viscosity) and quality ranges (i.e. appearance limits, color tolerances).
- Prepare customer demand forecast; successfully manage on-site inventory and product orders for customer(s) plants.
- Support customer projects (LWRs, FWRs, EPMs) Define requirements regarding test requests to GBT via LWR and follow up with chemist for all details. Review and understand results. If requested report out results with customer.
- Ability to travel up to 15% (development/growth training, training of other employees and coverage at other locations).
- Ability to adapt to flexible shifts (day & afternoon shifts), work schedules (weekends), required overtime and job duties.
- Cultivate a strong team culture by enhancing and building highly effective and collaborative cross-functional relationships throughout the business.
- Through integrity and dependability, build relationships at all levels to help support change initiatives that help teams deliver value.
- Continuously identify ways to improve by engaging with staff and bringing perspective on new ideas.
- High School diploma is required. Additional education/college degree in Engineering/Technical field is highly preferred
- The ideal candidate will have at least three (3) years of automotive coatings application and/or automotive coatings manufacturing experience.
- Additional experience with automotive painting equipment is highly preferred.
- The ideal candidate must have an understanding of technical (lab, research, etc.) principles and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment while handling multiple projects at any given time.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) preferred.
Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. ("Axalta," or the "Company"), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customers' products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
For more information visit and follow on Twitter and on LinkedIn.