We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin's vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the assembly and development of Rocket Engine in one of the following areas: Valves, Combustion Devices, Turbomachinery, Avionics, Test. Your expertise will also drive improvements for rocket engine component's design, maintenance, and refurbishment. Throughout the manufacturing process, you will identify, develop, and deploy methods to improve quality, reduce cost, and optimize build sequence and schedules. As an integral member of the team, you will support DFMA and PFMEA studies to strengthen the feedback loop between design, build, and test and accelerate the pace of rocket engine development. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable human spaceflight.Responsibilities:
- Precision assembly of rocket engine components: combustion devices, valves, turbomachinery, avionics, test
- Root cause and diagnostic component disassembly, repair, and work
- Hydraulic testing for valve actuation
- Nitrogen and Helium leak testing
- Preparation for environmental testing
- Hydro proof structural testing of components
- Detailed component inspection to tolerances of 0.0001in
- Creating and maintaining strict cleanliness requirements (liquid/gaseous oxygen compatibility)
- Support the design, procurement, installation, and integration of custom manufacturing and test equipment
- Help maintain inventory of tooling and equipment
- Safely work with hazardous systems, chemicals, and high-pressure operations
- Define how to prepare hardware for test, qualification, and flight
- Identify, develop, and deploy new manufacturing methods (or refine existing) to improve quality, reduce cost, and optimize build schedule
- Support DFMA and PFMEA studies to strengthen the feedback loop between design, build and test
- Support the development of manufacturing work instructions to clearly define the following manufacturing processes: receiving inspection, fabrication, assembly, test, and integration, and refurbishment
- Identify non-conformances and escapes, support and deploy corrective actions
Export Control Regulations
- 0 to 8 years of direct valve, turbomachinery, or engine assembly experience
- Mastery of precision and tight tolerance assembly
- Strong ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Extensive experience reading and understanding specification and detailed work instructions
- Proven experience and successful track record developing new processes
- Strong written, personal, technical, and software skills (CAD, Scheduling, Issue Tracking, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc)
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion
- Must be able to work Friday-Sunday 5AM-5:30PM
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Physical Requirements:
- Climb ladders and stairs
- Lift and carry 50 lbs. for limited durations
- Work schedule may vary and depend on hardware and testing
- Remain flexible by working overtime and weekends (when necessary)
- Able and willing to travel for the first 6-12 months for training.
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on "EEO Is the Law," please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin's Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at .Benefits
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays