Hardesty & Hanover is a full-service infrastructure engineering firm with 135 years of experience. Rich in history and values but progressive in culture and spirit, H&H has been recognized by the Zweig Group as one of 2022's Best Firms to Work For!
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an Entry-Level Structural Engineer in our growing Annapolis, MD, office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to perform structural design calculations (beam design, reinforced concrete and steel structures design and analysis), sketches, computer modeling, and similar technical work as required
- Ability to read and develop contract plans, special provisions, and engineer's estimates
- Assist with field inspections and condition assessments of transportation structures and facilities
- Research design options and codes and discuss with project manager
- BS or ME in Civil or Structural Engineering with zero to two years of relevant experience
- EI (preferred) or the ability to obtain FE certification
- Experience with analytical software such as SAP, CSI Bridge, Midas, etc.
- Experience with CAD software such as Microstation or AutoCAD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and responsible individual with a strong work ethic
We offer a professional work environment, a competitive salary, benefits package, and 401(k).