Reporting to the VP of Product Management, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in managing our camera and video telematics products. The camera telematics focus will include both our camera products and shaping and positioning partner products. The role will work closely with other Product Managers, Engineering, Sales and external stakeholders to shape the success of these product lines and optimize and grow revenue. The role allows for leadership, growth and the ability to drive product roadmap, product creation and revenue growth in the highly successful trailer segment of ORBCOMM. This is a high impact role in our growing business.
- Create roadmap to solve market problems.
- Activities include: market requirements definition, product positioning, and market research.
- Product launch and rollout. Create the go-to market plans that will be executed by company.
- Activities include: launch planning, product training, sales and sales engineering support. Execution of launch to achieve product objectives as well as post-launch analysis and revenue tracking, and customer success stories.
- Support the direct and indirect channels with market and product expertise.
- Activities include: Presentations, demos, strategic sales calls, events
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams, make key strategic recommendations and product priority decisions on business cases, engineering and support costs, key customer and market analysis.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Must-have Skills and Qualifications:
- Transportation industry experience. Camera/Video experience preferred.
- 5+ years product management, product marketing or equivalent - preferably in the transportation and/or technology industries
- Bachelors' Degree in business or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Internal and external (customer-facing) presentation and training skills
- Problem solving ability and analytical business skills
- Position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites (25%)
What we would love to see from you before or during an interview:
- An inspiring portfolio representing the products you have worked with and grown in market share and revenue.
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM is a pioneer in IoT technology, empowering customers with insight to make data-driven decisions that help them optimize their operations, maximize profitability and build a more sustainable future. With 30 years of experience and the most comprehensive solution portfolio in the industry, ORBCOMM enables the management of over a million assets worldwide for a diverse customer base spanning transportation, supply chain, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources and government. For more information about how ORBCOMM is driving the evolution of industry through the power of data, visit .
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORBCOMM is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.