Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
None Public Trust/Other Required:
Other Job Family:
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are looking for Sr. Cloud Architects to design and implement core cloud architectures for the our customer. Our teams take an automation first approach to cloud management, meaning we follow Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practice and aim to design systems whose deployment and management is automated from the beginning. As a Sr. Cloud Architect, you will be expected to both lead teams in designing cloud architectures as well as express those architectures in modularized Terraform, Cloudformation, ARM templates or other IaC frameworks.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Sr. Cloud Architect, you will be embedding with team migrating applications from on premise to the cloud. In this role, a typical day will include:
WHAT YOULL NEED:
- Work with a team of DevOps/SecOps Engineers to architect AWS with the responsibility to ensure the customer maintains an overall cohesive integration with itself, partner systems, and solutions.
- Support and advise on application assessment, migration, and modernization
- Provide recommendations to optimize Cloud usage costs by analyzing usage patterns and trends while providing recommendations for consolidating instance types based on demand across all billing accounts.
- Create assessments that include cloud deployment type (public/hybrid), cloud tier (AWS, Azure, and Google), OS, COTS, codebase, database, cloud services, application dependencies, disaster resilience requirements.
- Design cloud infrastructure, virtual private cloud, virtual private network, relational database services, auto scaling, and computing resources to meet customers requirements.
- Maintain an understanding of advancing cloud capabilities, IT and business needs, while identifying and proposing cost and functional efficiency options for the customers collaborative decisions and actions.
- Create and maintain a roadmap of customer enhancements according to the customers decisions and directions.
- Deliver end-to-end cloud architecture solutions
- Provide expertise in high availability, contingency planning, and automated provisioning.
- Collaborate with enterprise architecture team and other stakeholders to determine enterprise tools, technologies and processes.
- U. S. Citizen and/or Green Card holder
- Ability to secure a Public Trust clearance
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related discipline
- Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification from one of the major Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- 3+ years AWS experience in a solutions delivery role.
- 3+ years experience with solutions delivery using well-architected cloud frameworks, services, and technologies
- 10+ years total IT, development or architecture experience.
- Experience designing and building applications in one or more Infrastructure as Code frameworks.
- Expertise in cloud service delivery models
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated experience working with senior level stakeholders and development teams
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing to convey cloud technologies and solutions to all levels of customer personnel
- Expertise in developing, maintaining and contributing to technical and process documentation.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- 2+ years experience working within a DevSecOps/DevOps environment, utilizing AWS solutions, and provisioning/automating cloud infrastructure, services and tools.
- Experience in deploying infrastructure following CI/CD practices, including building pipelines.
- Application development background preferred
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
- Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The likely salary range for this position is $132,000 - $198,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match.To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available.We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.