Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Software Engineer is a key member of the Optum s M&O team and is responsible for the implementation of the application based on client business requirements to systems / technical requirements, and triaging defects reported by the customer. The Software Engineer works as a team member along with the Technical Architect, Development Manager and supporting team members to deliver the complete solution for the customer.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Participate in process flow analysis and process design along with the team
- Share best practices and be consultative to clients throughout duration of the project
- Triage issues reported by the customer
- Complete and co/implement a configuration workbook
- Produce a technical specification for custom development and systems integration requirements
- Participate in training design, documentation, and delivery efforts in concert with the Project/Development Manager
- Design and develop software based on business and functional requirements
- Debug, Deploy and Validate software
- Maintain as well as build new features
- Participate in internal projects as required
- Mentor and train team on new technologies (tools/frameworks) and best practices
- Occasional Travel to client sites
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing enterprise applications across a range of domains, platforms, and environments. (ONLY 1 of the 3 years maybe geared toward academic projects and internship)
- 4+ years of experience writing SQL queries and working with Relational Databases
- 4+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, JSP, Spring/Hibernate, SOAP
- 4+ years of experience working with application servers such as JBoss EAP
- 4+ years of development experience with XML, JSON
- Experience communicating with a variety of stakeholders thru multiple mediums
- Experience participating in, and familiarity with, SDLC and Agile (Scrum) project methodologies
- Proficiency on Linux, SVN, Github, Sonar and CI tools (Jenkins)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment Careers with Optum
- Bachelor's or Master s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Experience with Cloud based implementations
. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm) Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.