Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.Primary Purpose
The community outreach specialist focuses on expanding the Parkland Community Health Plan Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) market share within the Dallas service areas.Minimum SpecificationsEducationExperience
- Two years of managed care or Medicaid program experience.
Required Tests for Placement
- Prefer Community Health Worker certification (CHW) by Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Successfully completes Marketing Training provided by the Community Outreach Supervisor within 30 days of employment. Must stay up to date with training as contractually requested by Texas Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Skills or Special Abilities
- Knowledge of managed care/Medicaid program processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Intermediate level personal computer skills including word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
- Intermediate presentation skills to individuals and groups. Skillfully initiate and build relationships. Customer service focused.
- Intermediate level time management skills.
- POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- 75-100% travel/driving within the service areas.
- Frequently work weekends and evenings to meet business needs.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Negotiating sponsorships as needed.
- Leadership/Developing and Executing Strategy.
- Leadership/Driving a Culture of Compliance.
- Sales/Strategic Prospecting.
- Collaborates and participates with community agencies, faith based organizations, and school district events/activities within the Dallas Service Area communities to market Parkland Community Health Plan (PCHP). Participates in coalition meetings and advisory groups.
- Assists Community Outreach Supervisor in developing annual strategies/expectations for Community Outreach team with regard to member health and wellness. Provides feedback and outcomes from previous events/activities to help create strategic plan.
- Works in conjunction with internal personnel and external entities, such as HHS and the Texas Department of Insurance to assure compliance with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Maintains documents and reports PCHP outreach activities; compiles and prepares outcomes for the annual report for submission to HHS.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with Parkland employees, outside companies, state agencies, insurance carriers, brokers, third party administrators, other managed care organizations, and community representatives in order to build connections to maintain membership and/or growth in PCHP's products.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.