This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the 'posting date'. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
Sandia demonstrates its commitment to public safety in the national interest by requiring that all new hires be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious accommodation before commencing employment. The requirement also applies to those who are telecommuting and working virtually.
Any concerns about the ability to meet this requirement should be directed to HR Solutions at .Salary Range
$73,900 - $142,300
Salary range is estimated, and actual salary will be determined after consideration of the selected candidate's experience and qualifications, and application of any approved geographic salary differential.What Your Job Will Be Like
Are you passionate about your work? Do you want to join a diverse team that serves an organization that supports our national security? Then we want to talk to you.
We are seeking a Software Systems Engineer to join our dynamic team.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
Qualifications We Require
- Develop new software; improve, modify, correct existing software.
- Develop requirements, workflow and systems analysis.
- Establish standards for development and maintenance of new and existing products.
- Applies critical thinking to deliver user-experience solutions with a focus on user needs and business goals.
- Use judgment to suggest solutions that balance customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities.
- Build and guide the design of user experiences. Interface designs for software features and products with a focus on user needs and business goals.
- Participate in defining interfaces between software systems.
- Apply standard software engineering practices in the development of the software solutions.
- Participate in defining and may participate in performing software build, release, and installation procedures.
- Document work and results.
- Develop test plans and perform testing.
- Collaborate effectively with designers, researchers, engineers, product managers, and other team members.
- Be responsible for developing or executing software development project plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Analyze and evaluate new software technologies.
- Know the latest technologies, industry trends and best practices.
Qualifications We Desire
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Security, Mathematics, or Cyber Security; or in a related STEM discipline
- OR a Bachelor's degree in above mentioned discoplines or related STEM field plus 2 years' related experience;
- OR equivalent years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- You must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance.
- You must have the ability to obtain and maintain a SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Ideally, we would like to see your background include some of the following:
About Our Team
- Go getter with interest in learning new languages and environments.
- Experience with Linux, Python, and a GUI or web design environment (HTML, JAVA, Visual Basic, etc.).
- Experience and willingness to develop test plans and user guides.
- Experience executing formal test plans. Events will include DT, OT, and regression testing and may be observed by end users, sponsors, and independent test organizations.
- Experience with ICS/SCADA Systems.
- Experience with speaker recognition.
- Proven collaborator with excellent presentation and documentation skills.
- Active DOE Q or DoD TS security clearance.
The Mission of the Computer Systems and Technologies Group is to establish a deep level understanding of the software and hardware technologies used in mission critical applications. Research focused on the vulnerabilities inherent in these technologies guide strategies for developing appropriate defensive measures to mitigate risks and improve assurance for critical systems.About Sandia
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation's premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at:
These benefits vary by job classification.Security Clearance
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance and SCI access, both of which require US citizenship. SCI access may also require a polygraph examination. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain these levels of access may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.EEO
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.