As a Software Engineering Manager for Cecilian Partners, your primary goal will be to help your team execute efficiently with quality using a hands on approach.
In this role you will get the opportunity to lead and do many things including:
- Managing software and test automation engineers
- Communicating progress and needs to leadership
- Sprint planning & Daily Management
- Code reviews
- Hands on coding (40%)
- Test automation
- Production deployments (small but often)
- Continually improving our product development practices
- 7+ years of full stack development. You have built a front end UI, API, and database multiple times before. Preferably you have experience with mobile and cloud.
- 2+ years of tech lead experience. You were responsible for technical decisions, code quality of a product and you have led software engineers to delivering.
- Problem Solving: Ability to evaluate technical approaches to problems and understand trade offs.
- Tech Design: You believe in the value of up front architecture and technical design. We are building best in class capabilities that perform, are supportable, and can be changed quickly without breaking, not just slinging code. Preferably you are familiar with drawing diagrams such as Systems Architecture, UML Sequence, Deployment to align with the team on what is to be built and communicate with those that support it on how it works.
- Test Automation: We aim to have robust automated testing so we can reliably deliver features quickly. Preferably you have experience with writing testable code and automated tests such as unit tests, integrations tests, UI tests. If you have not done so, a strong openness to learn and write them is needed.
- Coding: Proficient in Python/Django, Vue.js
- Cloud: Experience managing AWS, Serverless
- Test Automation: Has effectively built a suite of automated tests to ensure quality.
- CICD: Has built / managed pipelines for automatic deployment and testing.