ACV's mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world's best people and the industry's best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV's network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
ACV Auctions is looking for a Senior Engineer that will focus on the Identity and Organization portions of our platform. This team is key to ensuring users have access to all of our products and services as well as the ability to oversee the other members of their organizations. The current systems you will be working with are primarily in C# running in Core on .NET 5 and 6. The systems are deployed with Helm and run in Kubernetes on AWS.
You will work alongside product management, quality, infrastructure, and other engineering teams to build and ship new features that will drive the growth of ACV Auctions. We value practical software experience in addition to computer science fundamentals and training.
What you will be doing:
- Design and develop systems related to users and the organizations they belong to
- Own the overall performance of products and frameworks within the areas of identity and organizations
- Lead and complete software projects with minimal guidance from managers
- Establish and document best practices and coding standards
- Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites
- Develop roadmaps and prioritize technical debt to effectively plan features and work
- Respond-to and troubleshoot highly complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively Mentor junior engineers
What you need:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience architecting, developing, and delivering software products
- Evidence of successfully leading initiatives and teams over multiple years
- Excellent communication skills between the technical and non-technical teammates; including problem solving, larger audience presentations, and one on one work
- Experience in a highly iterative environment with automated testing and continuous integration
- Experience maintaining and extending an existing codebase, adapting to pre-existing patterns and tracing the code's path of execution
- Experience debugging distributed systems
- Experience developing unit tests
- Experience with build & deployment automation (CI/CD, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture/Microservices
- Experience with event sourcing and/or Apache Kafka preferred
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred
- Experience with Kubernetes/Helm preferred
- Experience with transitional architecture or replacing existing systems without downtime preferred
- Experience with integrating into Salesforce preferred
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and Future Growth Opportunities.
- Learning & Development Opportunities!
- We love to see our engineers grow and learn and have invested heavily in our internal Learning and Development program, which provides access to PluralSight, Frontend Masters, as well as in-person conferences.
- Annual Hackathons with some amazing prizes!
- Career development and future growth opportunities
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.