Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay - a company you can be proud to be with. The Company:
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You'll be part of a work culture that's been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay-does this sound like you? If so, we'd love to talk to you. The Team
In the US alone, a refurbished product is purchased from eBay every 4 seconds. The Restored & Refurbished Product & Engineering team is on a mission to serve these consumers, making eBay the trusted global marketplace to buy as good as new products. We believe giving electronics and hard goods a second chance and using products as long as possible is how we ALL protect the planet and benefit from a circular economy. Consumers spend less, Sellers gain more, and our planet can become free of e-waste forever.
We are a team of creators. We put ourselves in the shoes of our Buyers and Sellers and obsess over making their entire experience with eBay magical. We partner with our business and internal teams to co-create and launch meaningful and measurable end-to-end experiences that bring joy to our users and drive significant growth. We care deeply about every part of the purchase experience for restored and refurbished products and are constantly piloting new ways to make it better. If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on. The Role
The ideal candidate will possess a good balance of technology and drive to get things done, leads with empathy, has a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
What You'll Do (Job Responsibilities)
- Define, design, and implement highly scalable, resilient and performant distributed systems
- Work throughout all phases of the software development process independently as well as work jointly with other team members
- Collaborate with architects, product management, engineering, QE and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions alignment to development goals and principles
- Lead product design, produce clear, well-documented design docs, and participate in design and code reviews
- Voice support for and communicate your design, methods, and results to a community of developers, analysts, and product managers
- Provide technical guidance, coaching, mentorship to develop and improve performance of individual team members and success of overall team
- Rigorously follow Definition of Done (DoD) process for better quality by maintaining over 80% unit test coverage and other release criteria standards
- Responsible for leading engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities for an always-on 24x7 site
- Lead by example and share knowledge with the team
Who You Are (Job Requirements)
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field plus 10+ years work experience or MS with 8+ years of relevant experience
- 10+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong proficiencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPs, OOA/D and Functional programming
- 8+ years of proven experience in software development using Java, Spring Boot, RESTful Web Services. Experience with Kotlin is a major plus.
- 6+ years of experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS, NoSQL
- 1+ years of experience in designing, and building highly scalable, fault tolerant distributed systems and services for large web sites
- A person with a delivery focused in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Must demonstrate a sense of ownership to plan, implement and drive the product work to successful completion and be successful in a collaborative environment
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you're single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay's Diversity & Inclusion click here:
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement