A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we're passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us. The Role
Are you excited about building world class platforms that power mission critical software at a huge scale? Apollo enables autonomous management and continuous deployment of software, wherever it is. We're taking SAAS to where SAAS has not gone before: from on-premise, to various cloud providers, to disconnected environments (air-gapped), to strict accreditation frameworks including IL-5 and FedRAMP, and to the edge. You can read more about the problem Apollo was built to solve on our blog or watch our Apollo demo day .
As a Software Engineer on the Apollo platform you will build software at scale to transform how organizations around the world deploy software. You will be responsible for mission critical software powering deployment of software for both Palantir and its customers in the commercial and government space.
You have a curious mind, high bar for engineering quality and ability to work in a dynamic environment where the best idea wins. Apollo Software Engineers are involved throughout the product lifecycle. From idea generation, to design and prototyping, to execution, and shipping. As a Software Engineer, you'll collaborate closely with technical and non-technical counterparts to understand our customers' problems and build products that solve them.
Please note that this posting is open to all levels of experience. Core Responsibilities
- Build and maintain highly available systems responsible for orchestration of software deployment across hundreds of production environments
- Engage and solve problems that customers need today with a tight feedback loop for what is important and what works
- Working directly with other teams to solve problems that cross the team boundary
- Debug complex issues and performance problems throughout the stack
What We Value
- Some familiarity with containers (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience developing and managing highly-available distributed systems
- Demonstrated success building systems that meet requirements around monitoring, stability, and scalability
- Experience building high-quality software in a fast-paced CI/CD development environment
- High empathy for developer and operators workflows and productivity
- Experience in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or or similar field
- Strong software developer with demonstrated proficiency in programming languages, such as Java, Golang, C++, or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work independently and make good decisions with minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great problem solving skills with ability to evolve complex systems
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world's hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.