Software Developers - Journeyman/Senior EW (NGTS)
Akron, OH - Akron, OH 44311 US (Primary)
Position Summary and Job Responsibilities
Position Background: The Modeling & Simulation Enterprise Applications (MSEA) product suite supports modeling and simulation (M&S) environments; trainer systems; test and evaluation (T&E); analysis; live, virtual and constructive (LVC); research and development (R&D) activities for DoD agencies and its international partners. All products are government owned, developed and managed. The Next Generation Threat System (NGTS) is a continually evolving synthetic environment generator that supports multiple platform/services training, testing, analysis and research and development.
Typical Day supporting the MSEA /NGTS team:
- You will be developing software for an advanced synthetic training environment. This software is integrated into flight simulators to support pilot training against potential threats. You will support software development, software integration, customer training and demonstrations
- Knowledge of standard programming algorithms, design patterns, and object-oriented software design
- Works with software programmers to develop and refine simulation presentation of real-world ELINT parametric data
- Works with SMEs using the EWIRDB database for complex waveforms analysis associated with a wide range of red and blue force systems
- Works with SMEs for signal translation of waveform data into a descriptive and behavioral modeling & Simulation language for Development and Test
- Knowledge of threat system analysis and sensor modeling of radars, electronic warfare (EW) systems, countermeasures, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) systems, and various weapons
- Participate in software test activities to include test procedure creation and test plan development.
- Collaborate with team members to design future enhancements
Required and/or Preferred Qualifications
- Education: BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Degrees in Engineering, Math, and Physics may qualify with at least 3 year of C++ experience.
- Minimum Years of Experience: Minimum of 3 years software development experience working with EW systems.
- Minimum 4 years' experience with scripting, database programming and languages such as Modern C++, Python, and Lua.
- Minimum 3 years' experience working with Electronic Warfare integrated reprogramming database (EWIRDB). Basic radar modeling experience
- Experience with scripting, database, and programming in Python 3, and HTML.
- Must be a US citizen
- Requires a DoD SECRET security clearance
BGI is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Consistent with applicable law, BGI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This commitment includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who seek to utilize the company's on-line employment process. BGI has made extensive efforts to ensure that its on-line employment process is accessible to individuals with disabilities. However, if an applicant is unable to fully utilize BGI's procedures, BGI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants that require accommodation with the online employment process may contact for assistance.
It is the policy of BGI, LLC to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.