Software Developer - Remote Working
The Works is a unique place to well work!
We'rethe UK's leading family friendly retailer of value gifts, arts, crafts, toys,books and stationery. With over 530 stores nationwide together with a brilliantonline store, we're here to offer our customers a unique and enjoyable shoppingexperience, built on our core principles of value, variety and quality.
We'rea proactive and hardworking bunch. We've built an environment that's busy,fast-moving and full of energy. Our atmosphere is welcoming, friendly andinclusive. If you're the kind of person who's as crafty, caring and can-do aswe are, then this is the kind of culture for you.
The Bit 'About You'
Reportinginto the Development Team Lead, you will join a collaborative and supportiveteam of developers where you will get a chance to be involved in the fullsoftware development lifecycle with some fantastic projects. You will becomfortable working within a team using an Agile methodology and engaging withyour colleagues to better understand and execute projects and BAU tasks. You willhave an interest in problem solving, with the ability to diagnose and debugissues, giving concise and clear updates on progress.
Youwill have a can-do, team driven attitude with a real drive to produce highquality software that we can be proud of as a team. You will have a passion fordoing things right, contributing to the already established coding standards,best practice, and process.
The Bit 'About the role'
The key responsibilitiesare:
You will take requirementsprovided by the business to then estimate, design, develop, test and deploysoftware to meet the business needs. You will follow coding standards and writeSOLID, re-usable code with a very low defect rate. You will contribute tocoding standards and contribute ideas to the technology involved in oursolutions.
Contribute through ourAgile planning ceremonies of stand ups, backlog refinement, planning andoverview sessions. You will estimate work to the best of your ability and giveconcise updates on progress.
You will be involved in supportingapplications in production, working on priority issues when they arise. Thereis also an out of hours rotation of support for applications we are responsiblefor. You will help our wider business with issues that are highly impactful.
You will be workingcollaboratively with your team, supporting others when necessary, by givingadvice and pair programming on problems.
- PASSIONATE- In everything you do - you want to learn, you want to grow and you want todevelop the service we offer.
- STRONGCOMMUNICATOR - Able to articulate issues, blockers and test results to anaudience of varying levels of technical knowledge
- HIGHLYORGANISED - You can prioritise your workload, set expectations and keep yourpromises.
- INNOVATIVETHINKING - You are able to "think outside the box" and are always looking forthe next opportunity.
- PROACTIVE- You always look for the next thing to pick up and are willing to help outwhere you might be needed
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Proficientin C# and the .NET Frameworks
- Proficiencywith .NET Core (2.1 or above)
- Experiencewith writing APIs
- Experienceworking in an Agile methodology
- Proficiencywith HTML & CSS
- Proficiencywith a JS Framework - Angular, React or Vue
- Proficiencyin T-SQL Databases
- Proficiencyat writing high quality code using coding standards such as SOLID
- Understandingand demonstrating use of design patterns
- Proficiencyin Unit Testing
- Proficiencywith TDD
- Proficiencywith Source Control tools such as Git
- Demonstrableexperience adapting to and learning new technologies
- Excellentcommunication skills
- ExcellentTroubleshooting Abilities
- Experiencewith CI/CD
- Experiencewith Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- UI / UXDesign Experience
- Experiencewith TypeScript
- Experiencewith Performance Testing
- AutomatedTesting Experience
- Experiencewith Salesforce Commerce Cloud
What we will give to you !
- 25% discount off our products in store!
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays).
- Holiday Purchase Scheme to increase your annual leave entitlement.
- Company pension contribution.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Life Assurance.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- Free Car Parking.
- Charity Giving - Pennies from Heaven and Give as you Earn.