McLeod Software is the leading developer and provider of transportation management software in the United States. We are looking for Software Developers
who can contribute directly to the Company's continued growth and success. As a member of our product development group, you will work with your Agile SCRUM team building the features for the next generation of McLeod's software products.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write Java code for new and existing applications
- Participate in SDLC in an Agile development model
- Wide range of opportunities based on/tailored to candidate's skills and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of software development experience
- String skills in core Java
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming, data structures, and design patterns
- Familiarity with Relational Database Management Systems and working with SQL
- Full SDLC experience
- Expertise in the following is an advantage: TypeScript, SQL, API Development, Git, UI development, Eclipse, IntelliJ
- Experience working in an agile development model is a plus
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Opportunities available for applicants at all levels of their career
Since 1985, McLeod Software has provided powerful transportation management and trucking software solutions to the trucking industry. These solutions, developed entirely by our company, are comprehensive and support integration with a broad array of complimentary logistics products.
We are the leader when it comes to software for trucking dispatch operations management, freight brokerage management, fleet management, document imaging, workflow, EDI, and business process automation solutions for trucking, freight brokerage, third party logistics, and shipper companies in the United States.
With an established base of more than 1,100 active customers throughout North America, McLeod Software is dedicated solely to the transportation industry. This focus means we have a deep understanding of the needs and intricate details involved in carrier, broker, and freight management businesses of all types.
McLeod Software owns our national headquarters building in Birmingham, Alabama, and we also operate regional offices with training facilities in Salt Lake City, Utah and Downers Grove, Illinois. We employ more than 550 professionals.
McLeod Software does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and we participate in E-Verify.