Associated Materials, a federally designated essential business, is the parent company for leading residential building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 70 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors.
Headquartered in Cuyahoga Falls, OH, Associated Materials has over 4000 employees across its U.S. and Canadian manufacturing footprint and our extensive North American distribution center network (120+ locations!). We are a charter member of the Vinyl Siding Institute, the American Association of Architects, the National Association of Home Builders, and the National Association of the Remodeling Industry.
This combination of established brand recognition, manufacturing capacity and distribution reach makes for an exciting and rewarding employment value proposition. Join us, and discover the next step in your career journey. Job DescriptionSUMMARY:
The Software Developer is responsible for creating, editing, and maintaining program functionality and reporting that primarily interacts with a relational database platform. Our enterprise software contains several SQL driven tools that provide vital business functionality to our operations and our customers. This position will work directly with business users, team members, and IT leadership using an agile methodology to deliver enhancements as needed for the functional business areas that the team supports. OBJECTIVES:
REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS:
- Successful development of IT projects including initiation, planning, execution, and closure
- Guidance to the business on capabilities of systems and outlining / developing improvements
- Effective communications within IT team, business stakeholders, and vendors
- Collaborate with business users, IT Team members to define and implement solutions that meet organizational objectives
- Document requirements, solutions and systems including architecture aspects
- Build, debug, monitor and troubleshoot applications, databases and ETL processes to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and integrity
- Maintain and improve existing custom systems, applications, and processes
- Ability to write scripts for importing/exporting data with various enterprise applications while maintaining data integrity
- Handle incoming helpdesk tickets for systems that you support to resolve issues for the business users
QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Business Stakeholders
- IT Team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, or other related discipline
- Required to have 3+ years of development experience using Visual Basic.net and Visual Basic v6 code
- Basic SQL server experience / DBA experience is a plus
- Desired but not required to have Xamarin coding for Android scanners
- Desired but not required to have Machine control coding using serial ports, USB, etc.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to handle any issues that occur
- Organization and time management skills
- Excellent resource planning and task scheduling skills including multitasking
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com.