The Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under SMIT the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) and Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Project Manager to lead the execution of projects for the SMIT contract. This Project Manager will lead technical projects which may span multiple IT service domains, but will all be contributing to the modernization and transformation of the NMCI network.
The primary places of performance are Government and contractor facilities located in the National Capital Region (NCR) or at other Navy/Marine Corps bases, with the potential for telework as schedules allow. Support in other regions, both in the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS), may be required. Travel may be required depending on the portfolio of projects awarded on contract. The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences at a high-level, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for the success in this position.
- Be accountable for low complexity projects and their results.
- Work closely with project team to research, prepare and submit design and configuration requests.
- Track shipment of project related hardware from warehouse to site.
- Track completion of the design and configuration requests and coordinate the implementation to align with project schedules.
- Assist project managers with tracking change tickets to ensure delivery of implementation stays on track.
- Monitor change tickets to ensure they are updated and closed in a timely fashion.
- Create project documentation based on pre-existing templates.
- Ensure that all assigned change tickets are delivered on-time.
- Work with internal and external groups potentially on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Identify project risks associated with change tickets throughout the life of the project.
- Keep stakeholders informed of the status of tickets.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities.
- Develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders and sponsors.
- Must be a U. S. citizen with at least 2 years of progressively responsible experience managing and/or executing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of IT projects.
- Bachelors Degree in in engineering, computer science, business management, or other related field.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, proactive, organized and have the ability to manage concurrent projects and interface with external clients in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Solid ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Demonstrated experience with managing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of information technology services to large organizations.
- Familiarity with NMCI projects a plus.
- PMP or DAWIA Certification.
Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.