3116 Dixie SW, Grandville, Michigan 49418
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Manages the quality, efficiency, and timely services provided to the customer through the recruitment, training, and supervision of a team of lawn care specialists. Provides mentoring and leadership to other service managers at the branch location. Provides effective coaching and development of field staff so that they may positively impact customer retention through exceeding customer expectations. Maintains branch operations when the General, Market, or Zone Manager is not on site.
1.Works directly with assigned General, Market, or Zone Manager as the first point of contact to ensure operations targets are met daily.
2. Ensures that branch operations are being conducted safely and in compliance with company policies and state and/or federal regulations. Monitors all safety training programs at the branch and leads safety discussions for branch location during regional/divisional safety calls/meetings.
3. Leads daily morning meetings with other service managers to communicate attendance, route coverage, service metrics, and prioritize service manager duties, and acts as point person for other daily Management meetings with the service team.
4. Works with direct manager to develop monthly production plans, and assist with preparing weekly, monthly, and annual financial projections.
5. Acts as point of contact in the branch other departments, including Sales, Recruiting, Technical, Planning, HR, and Safety.
6. Evaluates the quality of service provided to customers and develop procedures to minimize customer complaints. Ensures diplomacy concerning customer service-related concerns.
7. Manages and assists in every part of the Talent Life Cycle for associates located within the branch including recruiting, selection, training, coaching, performance management, retention, and separation.
8. Examines associate work for accuracy, efficiency, and conformance to best practices as well as company policies and procedures. Reviews and assists with all policy violation discussions and performance opportunity plans to be administered to service associates.
9. Supervises a team of technicians to ensure service goals are met. Maintains positive morale among personnel and actively promotes teamwork.
10. Determines work procedures issuing oral and written instructions. Expedites workflow by coordinating the sharing of information between customers, field technicians, and other service managers. Reviews work schedules and assign and monitors duties to service personnel for efficiency. 11. Ensures compliance in all regards with Department of Transportation including Pre/Post Trip Inspections, Driver Qualification files, and fleet standards are met. Ensures current licensing is maintained by all associates as required by company policy/state and/or federal law. Oversees the maintenance of operational equipment.
12. Maintains chemical and inventory reporting per company policies. Monitors chemical usage, application practices, and storage to prevent theft.
13. Acts as point of contact for emergency situations, regulatory inspections/agencies, and ensures protocols are followed. Communicates safety incidents and inspections to management, Safety Directors, and HR.
14. Collaborates with other service managers to overcome challenges, ensure consistency, and enhance region operations.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Develops Talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization s goals.
Financial Acumen - Interpreting and applying an understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
Manages Conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
Education and Experience Requirements
Associate s degree in a business-related discipline and 4-5 years of related experience in lawn/horticulture/agronomy/lawn care services required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2+ years of supervisory management experience required
Certificates, licenses, and registrations as required by federal and state law equal to the same level required for a General Manager (GM)
A valid, permanent driver s license from the state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
Bachelor s degree and sales experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of leadership and with front line staff
Excellent leadership skills in team building, selecting talent, training, mentoring and developing a sales team, executing goals
Excellent time management skills
Practical knowledge of the service industry and experience in developing and executing sales plans
Business process analysis skills
Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period of time
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth, and focus
• Lift up to 50 lbs independently
• Push and pull equipment
Occasionally required to:
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Moderate to loud
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat, or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
• Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. To learn more, Click Here or to request an application accommodation, Click Here.
California Residents: for information on personal data we collect as part of the application process, Click Here.
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
By providing my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss possible employment opportunities, my account, including current and possible future services, customer service and billing. I understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to inquire about or apply for employment or purchase services, and that I may revoke this permission at any time.