RS&H is currently seeking a Senior Traffic Engineer for our Tampa, Florida office.
The Senior Traffic Engineer candidate will be responsible for managing and designing traffic operations tasks including, Signing & Pavement Marking Analysis & Design, Signalization Warrants, Analysis & Design, Lighting Analysis & Design, Development of Safety Studies and/or ITS Systems Analysis & Design. Additional responsibilities include supervising and mentoring staff; preparing traffic operations scopes and fee proposals; monitoring labor budgets and schedules for traffic design tasks; coordinating with project management and key discipline staff; performing quality control on deliverables; meeting project deliverable schedules and budgets; and supporting marketing and business development initiatives, including preparation of technical traffic operations content for proposals.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- 12+ years of traffic design engineering experience
- Florida Professional registration (PE)
- Experience in traffic design and plan production with the ability to perform planning, conceptual design, preliminary engineering, and final design activities
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and overall quality control
- Proficiency with Microstation SS4/SS10 and GEOPAK
- Experience working with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) or alternate DOT experience
- Strong knowledge of design manuals including FDOT Design Manual, FDOT Standard Plans, FDOT Standard Specifications, AASHTO A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets, and Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Experience working and coordinating with large multi-discipline teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of 3D workspaces/corridor modeling
- IMSA Signal Level I or II and Fiber Level I or II preferred
- ITS Communication Design preferred
- FDOT traffic design experience including RRR and major reconstruction on limited access facilities, rural/urban arterials, and bicycle/pedestrian facilities
- Proficiency with OpenRoads Designer
- Municipal/Local Government design experience within the State of Florida
- FDOT Temporary Traffic Control Certified
- Design-Build experience
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
From managed toll lanes and long-range corridor plans, to complex segmental bridges, our teams are working in the field and in the office while providing the highest quality infrastructure and facility solutions. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving. By joining our team, you too can provide unique expertise in the full life cycle of transportation delivery, and lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.