As a Senior Software Manager, you will lead our software and firmware team on the definition, design, development, and testing of software and firmware in our next-generation active phased-array antennas and satellite user terminals. In addition to leading product software development, you will also help build and lead a collaborative team that provides best-in-class solutions for our customers.
- Lead a team of software and firmware engineers through all stages of the software development life cycle for our active phased-array antennas and satellite user terminals.
- Work closely with engineering management and other business groups to identify project requirements, create project plans, and manage software projects from conception to operation.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams on the design, implementation, manufacturing, and support of our active phased-array antennas and satellite user terminals.
- Provide key contributions to overall product design and architecture, including presentations at various design reviews.
- Encourage and promote best practices and process improvements for modern software design, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Recruiting, retaining, and leading a team of software and firmware engineers. This includes individual mentoring, career development and performance management for each member of your team.
- 5% Travel required.
- BSEE/BSCE/BSCS with 10+ years of related industry experience or MSEE/MSCE/MSCS with 8+ years of related industry experience.
- 5+ years of technical leadership of software projects, including project management responsibilities.
- 3+ years of team management and leadership, with a team comprised of entry-level engineers to senior-level engineers.
- Strong experience with leading Agile (Kanban and/or Scrum) software teams.
- Strong knowledge of source code configuration management strategies.
- Good working knowledge of software version control systems, Git in particular.
- Experience with C/C++ programming on embedded platforms.
- Experience with design and development in an embedded Linux environment.
- Experience with Python or other high-level languages for scripting and automation.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with Atlassian Jira for Agile software planning and issue management.
- Project experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and other automation.
- Knowledge of digital wireless communication systems and modern satellite communication systems.
- Knowledge of OSI Networking model, with an emphasis on Layers 1 through 4.
- Familiar with IP/TCP/UDP networking.