Insulet started in 2000 with an idea and a mission to enable our customers to enjoy simplicity, freedom and healthier lives through the use of our Omnipod product platform. In the last two decades we have improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients by using innovative technology that is wearable, waterproof, and lifestyle accommodating.
We are looking for highly motivated, performance driven individuals to be a part of our expanding team. We do this by hiring amazing people guided by shared values who exceed customer expectations. Our continued success depends on it!Job Title:
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud ( Remote / Flexible )FLSA Status:
Insulet Corporation, maker of Omnipod, is the leader in tubeless insulin pumps. We are looking for software engineers to build our next generation of products. This is a fast-paced environment working on challenging problems. Your work will impact the lives of people living with diabetes!
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Cloud Team,
you will work with a team of skilled developers building services that support our medical devices, mobile applications, partner integrations, and data analytics. You will partner with teams, both local and abroad, to build world class medical device software. Candidates should have experience developing production-quality software.Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:Minimum Requirements:
- Designs, develops, tests and documents Cloud software for new and existing Insulet products.
- Work closely with business stakeholders, lead engineers, Cloud Ops, and Cloud Security to design high-quality, performant, scalable, secure Cloud solutions
- Evaluate new technologies and explore solution alternatives; develop prototypes
- Works closely with other software, software QA, and hardware engineers to integrate, debug, and test systems.
- Ensures that their design is within compliance with Company policies, and that software activities are appropriate for the design and maintenance of medical products.
- Works with Quality, Regulatory, Marketing and Manufacturing to ensure that designs meet technical, regulatory, and manufacturing requirements.
- Participate in product design reviews.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering and 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong programming skills in Java is required.
- Experience with AWS technologies such as Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, or Kinesis
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software design.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a section of a design.
- Detail oriented, with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate with candor and trust at multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated abilities to leverage creativity to overcome obstacles and work with a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of OS concepts like dead locks, threading, mutual exclusion, interrupt services is expected.
- In-depth Object-oriented programming is useful.
- Able to organize and judge multiple priorities.
- Agile or other software development life cycle concepts is a plus.