It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. The Role
As Proofpoints Enterprise Security Engineer, you will deliver thought leadership and innovative methods to solving complex security challenges. The role focuses on security architecture and works with the Operations, IT, and Business Applications teams to implement security improvements.
The Enterprise Security Engineer reports to the Chief Security Officer, who is responsible for the Global Information Security function.
In this role, you will
- Drive improvements to Proofpoints security posture by advancing identity management, network security, and business application security, among other initiatives.
- Assess risks/weaknesses and identify security design/implementation gaps in existing solutions and services. Guide remediation efforts.
- Build relationships across business functions, locations, and technical stakeholders to accomplish goals.
- Use guardrails to enable security objectives, while balancing autonomy/speed of delivery.
What you bring to the team
- Perform complex security reviews with no precedent, identify gaps in the security architecture and develop security risk management plan
- Act as a security subject matter expert supporting both corporate infrastructure and business applications
- Provide technical and architectural oversight for systems and projects across the organization.
- Evaluate current state and a strategy on how to get to a future state, creating milestones and iterations to get to that future state.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
- 10+ years of technical experience in security including enterprise identity, network and data security design and architecture
- Strong experience with architecture and security reviews, threat modeling, and identifying areas of risk.
- Experience with identity and access management solutions including single sign-on, privileged access management, secrets management (for example, Okta, CyberArk, ForgeRock, etc.)
- Experience in network security and zero trust implementations
- Knowledge of securing infrastructure including networks, Windows, and Active Directory
- Knowledge of security principles for enterprise applications such as Salesforce and Microsoft 365
- Experience with hybrid cloud deployments, and architecting solutions within Google GCP, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Microsoft Azure.
- Good understanding of tools and techniques used by attackers to gain entry into networks, including common weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- Experience in a managed hosting and/or Software-as-a-Service environment is desirable