WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI, ETC.)Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners For Success agencies, employees and policyholders.
As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure's promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an A.M. Best "A" (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, with more than $835 million in Direct Written Premium and $937 million in surplus.Amerisure
is currently recruiting for a Senior ScrumMaster
to support our Corporate Headquarter. The ideal candidate will also possess the following skill set. Summary Statement
Manages Digital Innovation project teams using Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver projects that support experiments, proofs-of-concepts, pilots and select production launches. Continuously works with the team to identify, prioritize, organize and manage the multiple projects in its portfolio. Provides project leadership, facilitation, coordination, communication, consultation, and customer relationship management expertise on assigned projects. Provides extended technical and creative support to project teams to ensure successful deliveries. Researches and qualifies external technology solution providers that have the potential to enable new company technology capabilities.Essential Tasks/Major Duties
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support team goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Serve as a liaison to corporate project management and business processes organization on large-scale corporate projects and initiatives as needed.
- Create and maintain Scrum artifacts (i.e., product vision, sprint plans, product and sprint backlogs, etc.) for employees and external technology solution providers to use in solution design and execution.
- Organize and lead Scrum ceremonies, including sprint planning meetings, daily Scrums, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Prepare and present reports for management regarding status of projects.
- Assess project risk to establish contingency plans and escalate potential project impacts in a timely and effective manner.
- Review completed project deliverables to ensure that outcomes meet agile product owner expectations.
- Collaborate with corporate Agility Practice Group to develop and refine agile practices, tools, and standards for project management and execution.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, engineering or related field.
- 10 years application development project management experience including agile and/or iterative principles in a commercial software development environment.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) and Certified Product Owner (CSPO) certification required.
- Certified Professional Agile Coach (ICP-ACC) and Certified Agile Master (CAM) certification preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Working knowledge of other agile frameworks and approaches including Kanban, Lean Thinking, Lean Startup, eXtreme Programming, SAFe, LeSS, etc.
- Insurance or financial services industry experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to function in a fast paced, highly visible, and changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects from conceptual phase through implementation and testing.
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER SUCH AS CHROME, FIREFOX, ETC.Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners For Success agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice.
We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.
Amerisure Insurance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerisure Insurance complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Amerisure Insurance expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Amerisure's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.