Pocket empowers people to discover, organize, consume, and share content that matters to them. Our apps and platform are essential ways that tens of millions of people discover and consume content on the web. Pocket is the Web, curated: for you and by you.The opportunity
The Data Products team at Pocket builds systems connecting tens of millions of people to the content worthy of their time and attention. By partnering with product owners to understand how our users engage with Pocket, we design features and build APIs and supporting infrastructure that connect data models and machine learning to user-facing features.
As we identify new ways to implement machine learning in our product, it is vital that our APIs and infrastructure remain reliable, scalable, and easy to use. Do you have experience architecting APIs capable of delivering features, powering experimentation, and collecting feature signals? Does collaborating with client, data, machine learning, and product teams to deploy user-facing features using machine learning excite you? We are looking for a senior python application engineer to join our growing team!
People who excel on our team thrive in a small, dynamic environments. We cover many areas including machine learning, product engineering, operations, and data pipeline, meaning every member of our team has the opportunity to learn and contribute across multiple subject areas.Who You Are
What You'll Do
- You enjoy working on small dynamic teams.
- Application engineer with at least 4 years of experience.
- Have worked closely with machine learning, data, and product teams.
- Strong Python fundamentals and object-oriented programming,
- Have deployed systems at scale in Google or AWS cloud platforms.
- Have experience architecting both GraphQL and Rest APIs at scale.
- Are excited to build processes capable of handling billions of records.
- Partner with product owners and machine learning engineers to identify and build APIs powering user-facing features.
- Work with machine learning engineers to assist in taking machine learning models into production systems.
- Design cloud infrastructure capable of handling tens of millions of requests daily.
- Work with and have the opportunity to contribute to the many disciplines required to build and deploy machine learning at scale.
- Design test strategies and build automated tests.
- Cloud infrastructure: AWS, Google, Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes, ECS
- Database: MySql, Postgres, Key/value, Dynamodb, Aurora
- Streaming data job frameworks: Kinesis, Kafka, Pub/sub, Message queue
- Cloud data warehouses: BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, Athena
- Feature stores: Sagemaker, Databricks, Vertex
- Continuous deployment and continuous integration
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at hiringaccommodation@ to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1904