EFFECT Photonics is a leading scale-up technology company, we design and deliver next generation high-speed optical systems for communication networks based on disruptive integrated photonic technology. Our teams are made up of professional, highly skilled, energized, and enthusiastic people who all share a passion for developing and creating world class products. We operate globally and our teams collaborate to make EFFECT Photonics' a very dynamic and rewarding place to work.
There are only two things more amazing than our technology, "our people and what the world can do with our products".
We are looking for a Principal Systems Engineer to join our Product Test and Verification team. This role is central to the development of new products and the candidate must be able to work with hardware, software, PLM, operations and system engineering teams. You need to support our new product development efforts to implement high volume production test solutions for EFFECT optical products. The ideal candidate will be someone with a strong test development/product engineering background working with optical transceivers.
- Work with designers to evaluate and integrate new technologies, components, and functionality into product designs
- Design and develop optical system level testing for evaluating impacts of amplification, dispersion, PDL, PMD and channel interference
- Provide design-for-test inputs to the development team on new product designs
- Participate on all stages of design reviews with testability input and actively participate in critical releases
- As part of the engineering development team, develop test scope, test method proposals and project timelines
- Verify and analyze the implementation of module firmware and hardware control loops
- Perform fiber optic amplified link system level testing
- Develop test methods for high-volume test solutions for manufacturing
Required / Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- MS/PhD in physics or engineering
- 6+ years of experience with pluggable optical transceivers and sub-components
- Ability to work with internal cross-functional teams and external suppliers, demonstrating excellent leadership and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently in dynamic start-up environment
- Excellent data analysis skills and strong understanding of statistical analysis principles
- Experience developing automated test solutions for system/component level products
- Proficiency with software languages ( Python, SQL, JMP)
Reward and benefits:
Benefits are an important component in taking on a new challenge, but because we are a global company, benefits vary by location. What you can expect from us regardless:
- A fast-paced scale-up environment where ideas are being heard and quickly implemented
- A growing company with sufficient opportunities for self-development and career growth
- Challenging projects in which you work on state-of-the-art advanced technology
- Highly skilled, ambitious teams with different backgrounds and seniority levels
- Flexible benefit plan that includes a health plan and a pension plan
- Highly competitive salary
- Paid time off (vacation days)
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and hybrid working
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR - stock program)
We are looking for pioneers who help to enable technology breakthroughs, with a passion for developing next generation optical transceivers, bringing experience and excitement to our organization. We look forward to receiving your application via the website. If you have any questions, please get in touch with our recruitment team via recruitment@ - No agencies please!