You Lead the Way. Weve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether were supporting our customers financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining whats possible and were proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join , you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Are you an experienced engineer ready to join Digital Labs Engineering team? Join us and be part of the team defining the next generation of servicing technologies, Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning capabilities, supporting new product development, Amex Ventures integrations and new company acquisition integration. You will build innovative industry leading solutions in a dynamic and innovative environment.
You will work closely with product and other teams to explore, experiment and build software using various cutting-edge technologies for digital labs. We are looking for strong candidates who can focus on the business problem and use the right technology to solve that. We are looking for candiates who can constantly learn and adapt to new technologies.
American Express is on an exciting digital transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the globe through various channels, join our team! Responsibilities
- Drive innovation and build applications within a fast paced, agile environment.
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including design, hands-on engineering, developing framework & tooling including prototypes, and code review, mentor engineering peers and own and drive transformation with various technology domains.
- Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Explore new technologies and experiment by doing multiple Proof of Concepts on a problem domain
- Colloborate with product teams on new ideas and explore the feasibility
- Mentor and guide team members to success within the team.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology on . Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- 6 years of software development experience and leading teams of engineers and leading scrum teams
- 5 years of experience with cloud-based software design, building MicroServices, and automated testing and deployment
- 4 years of experience in developing apps using Python programming language.
- 3 years of experience in developing models, deploying machine learning models in production
- Expertise in Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language processing
- Expertise in python data processing libraries like pandas, numpy
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban, or another Agile application development methodology.
- Knowledge on Big Data eco-system including tools such as Hadoop, HBase, Hive
- Knowledge on nosql and relational databases
- Knowledge CI/CD, system testing, test automation. Experience in infrastructure, application monitoring, platform stabilization and Investment performance a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field required.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. Thats why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Job:
Technology Primary Location:
United States Schedule
Full-time Req ID: