NO C2C, only W2 please.
Senior Golang Engineer is needed for a contract opportunity on a team responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms. The team is also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day.
**Remote (PST preferred)**
- Looking for candidates who have at least 2-4 years of Golang experience and experience should be recent.
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with writing microservices in Golang and building shared microservice libraries.
- Experience with container technology and management such as Docker.
- Experience writing services from scratch in Go Programming language.
- Experience working with Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS or Google Cloud
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
You might also have:
- Experience with AVC, HEVC, VP9, AV1, AAC video and audio codec standards.
- Experience with technologies like Kubernetes, EKS / GKE is a plus.
- Experience with container formats, transmuting and streaming protocols (DASH/HLS)
- Strong experience with video broadcasting and streaming media standards
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- The role will be an integral part of the Video Streaming and Engineering team, working with video engineers to build and release products for various platforms like Desktop, OTT, Mobile.
- The candidate will be responsible for building, deploying and managing Video Encoding and Delivery applications in cloud (AWS/GCP).
- Work with other engineers to maintain and evolve the Video encoding and Video delivery platform.
- Plan, Design and Build out cloud-based microservices to support video processing workflows.
- Field questions and requests regarding APIs and behavior.
- Work closely with the QA coordinator to facilitate playback testing across a variety of devices.
- Work with other developers and operations team on streamlined CI/CD solutions.
- Help in building the shared libraries and architecture to be used across all services.
- Work with video engineers in team to modernize and optimize the cloud video Delivery platform
- Building new microservices, features and improving Video Delivery, Content Filtering solutions.
- Responsible for Video Packaging & Delivery.
- Work with development teams on re-architecture/modernizing existing systems into the cloud.