- Highly visible team within organization, utilizing MERN stack
- Laid out path for growth to Lead level within a fully remote team
About Our Client
Our client prides themselves on their proprietary technology that works with proven machinery, using data to optimize oil/gas sites. Through their suite of technology solutions, included with any of their machinery rentals, connectivity with and control of their machinery units is secure. The foundation of their technology suite is an industrial IoT system that provides critical operational intelligence. By processing hundreds of data points per compressor per minute, their software allows operators to view their unit's performance in Real Time and make informed updates to their site. It also gives operators the confidence that their site is operating at the most optimal conditions. Their technology is paramount to the success of their business partnerships, and therfore isn't siloed from the rest of the company in terms of structure and collaboration.
The Selected Senior Software Engineer will:
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains full stack software solutions to business problems.
- Writes testable code and maintains tests to ensure the highest possible software quality.
- Assess defects and determines how they could be prevented.
- Actively participates in daily stand-ups and other team meetings.
- Assists other engineers through mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of both internal and external documentation.
- Communicate effectively and simplify complexity wherever possible.
- Work comfortably in a collaborative setting with senior departmental leadership.
- Be committed to departmental and company goals.
- Participate in trainings for onboarding, and leadership training prior to reaching Lead level.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The selected Senior Software Engineer:
- Has at least 5 years of experience in Fullstack Software Engineering.
- Is a master at the MERN stack - specifically React, Node.js, and Typescript.
- Has exposure or experience in the AWS Cloud Environment.
- Has BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Proficient in relational and NoSQL databases.
- Proficient in designing REST APIs preferred.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Is a result-driven individual and strategic thinker.
- Is proactive, requiring minimal supervision, and highly organized.
- Has the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines if needed.
- Has the ability to combine experience, knowledge, perspective, and awareness to make sound business decisions.
- Is adaptable and flexible in changing situations.
- Has passion for delivering compelling solutions that exceed client expectations.
Think you fit the description? Submit your application above for immediate consideration.
What's on Offer
What's on offer for the Selected Senior Software Engineer?
- Compensation package between 140-180k on base, dependent entirely on what you bring to the table and the interview process.
- Fully remote team.
- Parental leave up to 12 weeks.
- Comprehensive health insurance (including Vision and Dental).
- Short term, long term disability coverage included.
- Mental health and wellness coverage provided, with a subsciption to a mental health mobile application.
- 401k matching up to 4%.
- A clearly defined path to growth.