Are you a senior level network security/firewall engineer with a diverse set of experiences looking for new challenges? Would your current employer absolutely hate to lose you, but is not able to offer you the professional and technical advancement you crave? If so, we'd LOVE to introduce you to NetCraftsmen.
We are a diverse team of recognized subject matter experts with multi-vendor consulting expertise in network security, high-end routing, network design, switching, unified communications/collaboration, cloud/virtualization, QoS, MPLS, video, network management, IP multicast and other areas. Why become a NetCraftsmen?
- We are a company of high achievers who learn from each other and support each other's growth and success
- We offer competitive pay and solid benefits including self-directed PTO and a matching 401(k) with the employer component IMMEDIATELY vested
- We offer a minimum of 2 weeks and a strong corresponding budget per engineer per year (pro-rated) for professional development/certification AND the time necessary to hit your training/cert goals
- We are NOT a body shop. We hire full-time direct hire specialists with a driving thirst to learn and improve.
- See our reviews on Indeed and GlassDoor for validation.
NetCraftsmen is currently seeking an experienced Network Security / Firewall Engineer to join our expanding firm. The ideal candidate will possess at least 6 years of experience designing and/or deploying security architectures.Responsibilities of the Network Security / Firewall Engineer:
- Projects vary according to customer requirements, but in general, you will be a mid-senior level security practice resource focused on NGFW firewalls (initially Cisco Firepower) and could also develop experience / receive training with a variety of vendor security solutions including Palo Alto, Checkpoint and Fortinet, among others
- Perform a combination of security engineering (primarily built around design / build, but with some run on occasion) as well as routing / switching and datacenter
- Stay committed to continued training and certification (we provide a minimum of 2 weeks / year and funding for training and certification)
- Maintain dedication to doing quality work and continuously improving
- Develop and drive local and global policies
- Assist in troubleshooting connectivity through firewall log analysis and network traces
Please note that this is a full time, direct hire role role. Also, due to segments of our customer base, we cannot sponsor employment visa's.
It would be great if you also had:
- Minimum 6 years of experience designing and/or deploying security architectures
- Strong NGFW experience ideally with Cisco Firepower(FTD, FPS)
- Cisco based routing and switching experience
- Experience with security compliance standards like PCI, HIPAA, etc.
- Experience with site to site VPN, remote access VPN
- Ability to work both independently and with a team of highly skilled professionals
- Basic technical knowledge of systems engineering, networking and software architectures
- Willing and able to pass a drug test and background investigation. In some cases US citizenship will be required due to Federal Government client access requirements
- Mid-level or higher security engineering experience with other vendors, including Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Juniper, Fortinet, etc
- Mid level or higher ISE / ACS, identity management experience
- Experience with security logging and monitoring products such as Splunk, etc.
All qualified applicants to NetCraftsmen career opportunities will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.Videos To Watch