Senior Developer (Configuration) - Remote
Fixed Term Contract to October 2024
£63,678 per annum
The University of Sussex, one of the UK's leading academic establishments, is beginning a new project to overhaul it's Student Information System, moving to a third party solution. A comprehensive project over two years working in an API environment with a focus on workflow management, execution paths and large-scale data migration. This is an exciting greenfield opportunity with the ability to help create and define processes.
You will take senior responsibility for carrying out development or configuration work required to to meet the business needs of the Student Information System (SIS) project. Working closely with the IT technical team, project managers and other key members of the team to ensure that all data migration processes are controlled and delivered. This is an essential and proactive role requiring excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications whilst administering a complex API environment, focussing on decision flowcharts and execution paths.
- Strong knowledge of professional software development practices
- Business Analysis Workflow management, overview and experience
- Agile working and scrum management
- Excellent database knowledge and experience
- Strong database development experience, including SQL and T-SQL
- Experience of working with Oracle
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to generate solutions and make effective decisions
- Good knowledge of SDLCs
- Software development experience would be beneficial
- Experience of Dell Boomi and Oracle PL / SQL would be beneficial but is not required