At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, were one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Job Description About the team
This team builds real time data platform that serves customer experiences/open banking Api's to enable partner experiences. Our data platform enables the engineering teams that use our platform to build systems that process 2 -3 million transactions/sec. We are hiring engineers that have experience and have built scalable applications. You will have the ability to make real impact on enterprise growth objectives by designing and building scalable and resilient data platform and reusable interfaces that will power the next generation customer personalization and marketing initiatives in the Bank.
We are modernizing the technology infrastructure and core systems and moving into open banking which is the key to success for any bank.
If you are excited about building the next generation marketing tech stack at U.S. Bank, this is the role for you. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Six to eight years of relevant experience
- Must have experience with open-source distributed databases like NoSQL (Cassandra) database, Graph (Tiger, Janus, Neo4j), RDBMS Distributed SQL (Postgres, Yugabyte), Search DB (Elastic, Solr, Vespa).
- Experience running database on Kubernetes platform.
- Experience in performance benchmarking, code optimization/debugging, non-intrusive metrics collection.
- Experience in designing the deployment parameters, consistency, replication, performance tuning and database monitoring.
- Experience in automation of database setup and scaling in a multi-cloud environment to achieve minimum of 1 Million TPS.
- Experience with building heterogenous database sync mechanism.
- Nice to have experience with Continuous integration and Continuous deployment using Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible.
- Nice to have experience in integration with open source technologies like Java, Springboot, Spark, etc.
- Perform IT resiliency experiments by injecting failures into distributed system to improve the systems resiliency
If theres anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants () . Benefits:
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting . EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the companys status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law () poster. E-Verify
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program () .
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $119,935.00 - $141,100.00 - $155,210.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.