Company DescriptionJob DescriptionUse Your Strengths at Wellmark as a Data Governance Analyst!
Reporting to the Director of Data Analytics and Governance, you will ensure the integrity of data within Wellmark's data warehouse through the proper execution of tasks as outlined below. During the BUILD of data warehouse assets, you will have oversight of the Design and Development phases of the SDLC software development life cycle process, such as working as a member of an IP team to coordinate work, conducting a Data Impact Assessment of the proposed design, profiling data to ensure it is fit for use, conducting Source to Target reviews, and identifying and loading Code Sets and Metadata. During the RUN of data warehouse assets, you will support smaller ACR (fix or enhancement) requests, the creation of Data Scorecards, or helping to research and resolve data issues. As a senior member of the team, you will be assigned more complex and challenging projects than the Data Governance Analyst, and is expected to mentor and be a resource for them.
Ideal candidates have at least one year of experience in a data management or analytics type role that reflects knowledge and use of data management tools and processes. A background in SAS, data warehousing, and data management are ideal and will help set you up for success in this role. You are analytically minded and have a tried-and-true approach to problem solving. To be a high performer, you have passion for getting things done right and investing extra time when needed to accomplish this. Your friends and coworkers are quick to note your holistic perspective, especially as it relates to seeing a project through its lifecycle.QualificationsRequired:
- Bachelor's degree or direct and applicable work experience
- Minimum 3+ years' experience:
- Analytics experience - analysis, mappings, modeling, designing, and implementing quality data management solutions working closely with key business stakeholders
- Business intelligence tools experience - SQL and/or Business Objects and/or metadata tools such as Tableau.
- Technical skills and ability to work with SQL and/or Business Objects and/or metadata tools such as Tableau.
- Proven ability to have a high attention to detail and high level of organization
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, expressing complex concepts clearly and concisely in order to deliver messages suited for the audience.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly analytical - identifying issues or inconsistencies, obtaining relevant information, relating and comparing data from different sources, and identifying alternative solutions
- Ability to problem solve and come up with "out of the box" options or solutions
- Ability and interest to coach and mentor others by providing guidance and feedback to help an employee strengthen their knowledge and skills.
- Proven organizational and time management skills with the ability to continually re-prioritize and/or multi-task.
- Essential Microsoft Office Suite skills - PC knowledge, including the use of spreadsheets, process mapping, presentation and word processing software.
a. Perform as a member of an IP Team to help coordinate work user stories and identify tasks to be scheduled to sprints as part of SDLC projects or ACRs as submitted by the business.
b. Conduct Data Impact Assessments to review the appropriateness of the proposed design for SDLC projects, and the second order impacts to data integrity to the rest of the data warehouse.
c. Perform Data Profiling and analysis to provide descriptive statistics and insights in order to aid other Data Governance and Technology resources in defining data requirements, the design of data assets, the creation of Source to Target documentation, testing, and the development of technical and business metadata.
d. Support the development of data assets by entering code translation rules in Cross Reference Tables such as STAR, CDMA and Informatica RDM used during ETL processing.
e. Perform Source to Target reviews Design Reviews or Code Reviews as needed.
f. Support the remediation of data issues found in testing and production through data analysis when appropriate.
g. Develop, publish, and maintain Data Quality Scorecards in collaboration with the Data Stewards in order to automate the collection and monitoring of critical data elements. Create Data Quality Trend Statistics and identify potential data quality risks to lead Data Governance Analysts
h. Identify potential data quality issues found through Data Quality Scorecards or Data Profiling. Provide support in the triage, impact analysis and resolution of data quality issues as needed by data steward or technology resources.
i. Develop tools to support the building and maintenance of data assets such as Testing, or Reporting tools needed by other Data Governance or Analytics resources. Will work with SQL programming and in applications such as SAS and Informatics to help create efficiencies and better business processes.
j. Keep informed, support and adhere to regulations and processes including Wellmarks software development lifecycle SDLC, data warehouse requirements / standards, Data Governance policies and procedures and business analysis and reporting protocols.
k. Sharing of expertise and provision of oversight and guidance to peers. Assigned larger and/or more complex data asset related projects.
l. Other duties as assigned.An Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield is to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact us at