About Automation Service:
Automation Service is a global leader in remanufactured process controls as a result of our superior workmanship, quick turnaround and on-time delivery. In addition, our OEM pneumatic control and sensor products create an even wider selection, making us a one-stop-shop for our valued customers. Our products include remanufactured Rosemount®, remanufactured Fisher®, Foxboro® and Honeywell®
Are you tired of the 24-7 on-call routine? Want a better work-life balance? Our Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer is an in-office, lead position in the Engineering Department, consisting of 1 Process Control Engineer, 1 Application Engineer and 1 Control Valve Engineering Specialist and reporting to the Director of Engineering & Technical Support.
- Will perform daily engineering work requests consisting of,
- Control Valve Sizing, Selection, and Specification
- Process Measurement Instrumentation product selection and application support
- Constructing internal model numbers from sizing and specification sheets
- Conduct engineering reviews of medium to large scale projects, interfacing with inter-departmental team members
- Support inside sales effort to provide fast and accurate quotes
- Provide technical expertise to the Engineering Department, Sales Staff, and Ovation Holdings family of companies and channel partners; may include occasional after-hours response.
- Provides technical expertise to internal staff and departments such as Production and Machine Shop
- Occasional travel, domestic and international, as needed; 10% or less
- Bachelor of Science degree, or higher, in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering, or any other applicable engineering discipline related to process engineering or process controls
- 8+ years' experience in an industrial plant setting in a technical or engineering support role such as Maintenance, Production Engineering, and Reliability Engineering
- Working knowledge and experience with various industrial standards, such as ASME, ANSI, API, ISA, and similar regulations and best practices
- 5+ years supervisory or management experience in a technical or industrial role
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong coaching, mentoring, and team-building skills
- Good oral and written communication skills are a must
- Strong interdepartmental relations and collaboration is required
- Experience in process engineering or process controls and working knowledge of automatic control valves and process measurement instrumentation is a must; Fisher, Rosemount, Foxboro brand specific knowledge is a plus
- Control Valve Sizing and Specification experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Root Cause Failure Analysis or equipment failure investigating experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop and conduct training modules
- Ability to read and interpret Piping & Instrument Drawings (P&ID's) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's) is a plus
- Working knowledge of various other types of plant processing equipment and processes is a plus
- Ability to read and generate instrument and control valve specification sheets
- Working knowledge of machining processes and practices, and the ability read, generate or edit parts and machine drawings is a plus
- Strong office computer application skills using Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel) and proficient email use
Benefits Of Working at Automation Service:
Automation Service is a dynamic and rewarding place to work and we consider the employees to be one of our most valuable resources. The 4 core values that we commit ourselves to are quality, delivery integrity, achieving our goals, and continuous improvement. A snapshot of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive insurance including medical/dental/vision and health and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- Life Insurance/AD&D/STD/LTD paid for by the employer.
- Immediately 100% vested in the company match of the 401k.
- Gym and fitness reimbursement for you and your family.
At Automation Service, we value diversity and the uniqueness of all people. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Automation Service will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Automation Service does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.