Our client is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer (Senior Project Manager) to lead business development responsibilities in Charleston, SC. The Senior Civil Engineer should have knowledge of the design, permitting, and construction processes necessary for major street, drainage, water and wastewater projects
- Business development and workload development for the office and staff as well shared responsibility for coordination of all aspects of projects, including permitting to various regulatory agencies, administration of bidding and award of projects, and construction administration and observation.
- Work as part of a design team and/or work independently with tasks that include primarily business development, client meetings and presentations, as well as management of budgets and schedules for on-going projects, preparation of technical reports, construction cost estimating, contract documents and specifications.
- Lead business development efforts for the office by any and all methods, including but not limited to attending industry functions, reaching out to and visiting prospective clients, client meetings/presentations, and coordinating, writing, and preparing at least the technical and/or fee portion of proposals if not all.
- Leading the business development for the office will require the need for in-person outreach and travel.
- Minimum qualifications include 10+ years of civil engineering experience in both municipal/public works and private sector projects
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in business development and marketing for both the municipal and private sectors.
- South Carolina P.E. license and state residency required.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters with
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the
- Ability to work well in a team environment.