UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours.
Use your Sharp Analytical Skills to help us support, compile and report key information!
This position currently supports business analysis and acts as the SME for Community and State, including FA&R project support and Financial Tagging in support of Financial Accounting. This role will require solid analysis, customer focus, communication, problem solving and organizational skills to maintain structure and organization to deliver on complex projects.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Manage operational reporting and the quality of financial data from assigned platforms, through the finance applications (and intermediary apps), to the general ledger (GL) and reserve production system (RPS)
- Own financial tagging for any assigned platforms including ancillary business. Ensures the quality and accuracy of tagging and resolution of tagging errors
- Manage tagging updates and confirms that tagging results are accurate
- Support the Accounting teams as needed to ensure quality and accuracy in the financial data
- Support projects impacting financial accounting and reporting (FA&R) applications, from project intake through post deployment phases
- Communicate system, business, and accounting requirements to ensure solutions meet business needs and strategy
- Collaborate with product teams to groom features, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Work with BPMs and BAs to document Test Data Requirements, test strategy, test plans and test cases with acceptance criteria
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (including execution and sign-off) and post deployment validation
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for the FA&R applications
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Finance, Health Administration, or equivalent degree
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management, Finance, Accounting, or other Business or IT related field
- Advance level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and SQL
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Solid knowledge and experience with user acceptance testing processes
- Experience with AGILE methodology
- Experience using SAS
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment Careers with UnitedHealthcare.
Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy. Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only
: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.