SD-Access Network Architect Hutsville, ALThe ideal candidate:
Would possess an active Secret Clearance and 8 years of experience in developing information architecture or performing as a data analyst, business intelligence analyst, or equivalent roles.Did you know?
Aegis Aerospace has more than 30 years of experience in creating innovative and practical solutions to fulfill defense and space needs.
We are looking for candidates who are ready to revolutionize the space and defense industry and pioneer new technological advancements to safeguard our country.
Are you ready to Innovate, Explore, and Protect?Benefits
Aegis offers a selection of competitive benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.Additional Compensation
Aegis may offer bonuses or other forms of compensation to certain job titles or levels, per internal policy or contractual designation. Additional compensation may be in the form of sign on bonus, relocation benefits, short term incentives or discretionary payments for exceptional performance.
- Serve as the SD-Access Network Architect for the Missile Defense Agency IT Service Delivery (ITSD) Network Product Team.
- Assisti with the overall technical direction and will provide technical oversight of ITSD User Network Access, Global Enterprise Connectivity and Boundary Services Teams, its people, processes, and products.
- Help oversee the engineering life-cycle for a portfolio of enterprise IT offerings/services ensuring MDA Chief Information Officer (CIO) services and supported MDA Directors Enclaves/Lab services are rendered, protected, and ready to support the MDA mission.
- Be a technically focused Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Cisco SD-Access solutions and will provide mentoring, and technical guidance for the event workforce.
- Work under general supervision of the Network Product Team Lead.
- Assist with the vision for how technology will be used within the service delivery teams.
- Assist with the establishment and implement strategic direction of the team and define technical solutions that meet the business needs of the MDS test event customers.
- Collaborate pro-actively with MDA customers, and stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and assess technology needs, and capture those needs in a technology road map.
- Apply relevant engineering principles and practices in the development ITSD Network Product Team processes, procedures, and product deliverables.
- Demand deep and broad technical skills in multiple technical domains such as network, boundary protection, telephony, and COMSEC services.
- Work across the MDA community to understand business needs and requirements and lead, design, and deliver solutions using the appropriate channels.
- Work with managers, other architects/engineers (with technical capacity across enterprise spectrum), and others to assist ITSD Network Product Team with architecture framework development and define architecture processes, standards, governance, and compliance.
- Assess current state and determine service capability required to meet near and long-term requirements for MDA networks, and analyze gaps between current and desired future state and develop implementation plan to transition to desired future state.
- Use customer feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments.
- Continually analyze all pertinent data, including but not limited to customer experience, effectiveness, ease of use, and other information to optimize technical solutions.
Qualifications Basic Requirements
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience HS Diploma (or GED) and 16 years of general experience; Associate's degree and 14 years of general experience; Bachelor's degree and 12 years of general experience; Master's degree and 10 years of general experience.
- If this position requires travel selected candidate must be willing to provide proof of fully vaccinated (against COVID-19) status? (the process of which must be completed prior to the anticipated start date)
- Must have 8 years of experience in developing information architecture or performing as a data analyst, business intelligence analyst, or equivalent roles
- Must have one commercially recognized IT Architecture certification (ex CCIE)
- Must have, or obtain within 30 days of hire, a current IASAE Level II certification
- Must have demonstrated knowledge, and experience, with network architectures, engineering services, and continuous process improvement initiatives
- Must have a working knowledge of technical skills in multiple domains such as a network, boundary protection, telephony, and COMSEC services
- Must have experience leading engineering/technical teams and interfacing with matrixed-managed organizations
- Must have, or obtain within 6 months, a current DoD 8570 approved IAT Level II Certification such as Security+ with Continuing Education (CE)
- Must have, or obtain, an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
About Aegis Aerospace
- Have extensive working knowledge of the MDS and MDA engineering principles
- Have a demonstrated strong understanding and extensive background with IT Service Management/Delivery (ITSM/ITSD), System Lifecycle Methodologies, and Cyber Security protocols
- Have an extensive understanding of technical skills in multiple domains such as a network, boundary protection, telephony, and COMSEC services
- Have advanced technological skill set and a demonstrated history with engineering life cycle management
- Have knowledge of, or experience with, overseeing mission critical continuous operations and security centers
- Have experience with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) or other best-practice business protocols
- Be a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
We are a woman-owned space and technology company headquartered in Houston, TX. Our primary objective is to support the Department of Defense and NASA in achieving their missions to defend the security of our country, reach new heights and to discover the unknown. We employ some of the brightest, most experienced engineering and technology experts in the U.S.
To learn more about Aegis Aerospace, visit our website at .
Aegis Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer /M/F/disability/protected veteran employer.