Location - Cary, NC. (hybrid 2-3 days a week)
As a Scrum Lead, you will be responsible for assisting the self-organizing, self-managing team to achieve its goals by implementing, coaching, and supporting the adoption and ongoing sustainment of ART and team practices, identifying, and eliminating impediments and facilitating the flow of the ART and the team. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills: Required:
- Assist the migration from a hybrid SDLC program structure to one where most, if not all, tracks move fully to Agile.
- This migration will include program-level scope prioritization, schedule management and status reporting practices.
- Help the team(s) embrace Agile values, adopt and apply Agile principles, and implement Agile practices.
- Facilitate transparency and a continuous learning mindset.
- Actively manage interdependencies between dependent teams. Anticipate and address or escalate potential or actual impediments to team delivery
- Lead the tracking and reporting on agile team metrics (CFD, Burndown/up, velocity), escalating issues as needed. Ability to report in Waterfall or Agile.
- Recognized as a coach and able to follow a coaching model for helping the team resolve issues. Coach teams through the exploration and adoption of agile engineering practice (e.g., test automation, CI/CD, BDD, Agile Architecture).
- Participate in Scrum Lead Community of Practice.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ plus years in product development and engineering Agile development and/or project management environment
- 3+ plus years in project management/Agile process
- Working experience in Agile and Waterfall SDLC practices
- Working experience in collaboration and facilitation practices
- Working experience in conflict resolution and organization coordination
Travel Negligible Business Category GTO Number of Openings
- Certified Scrum Master
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Extensive experience in Agile Practices
- Extensive experience in Program Management Office reporting practices
1 At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers. MetLife:
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 126707