Sign Language Interpreter - Pediatric School Based
- Sign Language Interpreter position available to begin ASAP for the 2022-2023 school year
- Bell County, TX
- Must hold BEI, RID certification to be considered
- Full Time - 7.5 Hours daily (37.5 hours weekly)
We value our Sign Language Interpreters and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child's life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education and more!
HealthPRO®/Heritage is a national leading provider of highly skilled Special Education professionals. We hire Sign Language Interpreters who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in Sign Language Interpreting that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented Sign Language Interpreter who wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Director of Recruitment - Peds/School Division
The main job duty of a sign language interpreter is to translate the spoken word into sign language. Carrying out this main duty requires listening, sign language and communication skills. An interpreter may also have to do research if he or she is working in a situation involving highly technical information or complex information to gain an understanding of what will be interpreted. A good memory is also important since an interpreter will need to remember what has been said in order to sign.
- Requirements for certification varies based upon state rules and regulations
- National certification by RID certification is preferred
- Possess a good memory since an interpreter will need to remember what has been said in order to accurately translate
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development