Saddle Stitch Operator, 3rd Shift
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Hanover, NH
Sheridan NH has operated in Hanover, New Hampshire, for more than 200 years. It is a full web printer exclusively dedicated to printing short run publications, journals and catalogs on full-size web presses.
- Perform manual and machine operation tasks related to the inserter machine.
- Set-up saddle stitch machine based upon job ticket information.
- Set-up mailer section based upon the instructions received from the shipping ticket and label technician's instruction sheet.
- Confirm that bound matter matches job ticket.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the crew.
- Monitor quality of product throughout job according to established procedures.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- Proven organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills required.
- Proven mechanical ability required.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn the job and perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 50 lbs. frequently.
- Continuous standing, frequent walking & stooping, occasional sitting, crouching, and reaching/working overhead required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being near moving machinery, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection and safety shoes.
Schedule is Sunday to Friday, 11 PM to 7 AM - 40 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 40 hours per week
- 3rd shift pays an extra 24%
- Eligible for $1,000 hiring bonus after 12 weeks!
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 603-653-7314 or .