We Are Hiring:
RN Registered Nurse - Recovery Room PACU
Ascension Providence - Waco, TX
PRN as needed - Days
*Prefer ICU and or PACU RNs
Why Join Ascension | Providence?
Providence Health Center, part of Ascension, is located in West Waco and was founded in 1905 as Waco's first hospital. The campus, which is part of Providence Healthcare Network, includes a 237 bed, acute-care hospital offering the best level of care in virtually every medical discipline. We are one of the largest employers in Waco with over 2,200 employees who are committed to providing compassionate and personalized care to those we serve.
At Providence Healthcare Network, we believe serving others gives meaning, purpose and joy to our lives. The Providence mission of compassion is perfected by our vision of excellence and we are consistently awarded for the level of care we provide.
Some of the recent awards we are most proud of include:
- Business of the Year by Mission Waco and Business of the Year by the African American Chamber of Commerce
- Ranked 1 st in Texas for Cardiac Surgery and among the top 5 percent in the nation.
- Designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacements by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
At Providence, our associates are the core of what keeps our ministry thriving. Through interactions with patients, families and visitors, our associates make our mission real. We also value investing into the local community and are committed to giving back and partnering with organizations who are making Waco a great place to live.
What Providence Healthcare Network has to offer:
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That's why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
- Front Lines: Nurses are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that reason, Providence prides itself in employing some of the best nurses in Texas. And while we pride ourselves in having some of the most experienced nurses in the state, we always welcome exceptional new nurses who are eager to join us
- Working Together: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. As you embark on the first step of your nursing career, we'd like to invite you to take it with us.
We Provide Our Nurses:
- Staffing Support: We offer flexible staffing based on patient volume so nurses don't get overwhelmed.
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care
- Scheduling: From self-scheduling to flexible shifts, we're implementing new ways to offer nurses more and better options.
- Learning: Beyond helping to identify areas of improvement daily, our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning opportunities and support.
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care for anesthetized patients in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
- Follow aseptic sterile technique according to Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses / American Society of Peri Anesthesia Nurses (AORN/ASPAN) standards.
- Evaluate patient's responses to treatments and interventions.
- Manage patient's pain.
- Anticipate case-specific needs based on knowledge of procedure(s) performed and pathophysiology.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Clinical Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
With a team of over 2,300 associates, physicians and volunteers, Ascension Providence is now one of the largest employers in Waco, Texas. We offer a place of respect and inclusion, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development.If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Providence is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.