We Are Hiring:
RN Registered Nurse - PreSurgery Preadmission PAT
Ascension Seton Williamson - Round Rock, TX
5:30am - 7pm Monday-Friday
Rotating 9 or 12 hour shifts
Negotiation of preferred shift at time of interview. Current need is mid-morning to early evening (example: 0900-1830 four days a week or 08-2030 three days a week).
Night and Weekend call requirements to support off-hours recovery of patients in PACU
*Minimum 3 years of acute care nursing
*Bachelors in nursing preferred
*Day Surgery and/or PACU experience preferred
Now Offering Sign-On bonus and Relocation Bonus!
*Payout based on education, experience and specialty
Here is why you want to work at Ascension Seton Williamson:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Bariatric Center of Excellence
- Primary Stroke Center
- Pathway to Excellence has been achieved
- 8 Operating Rooms
- 3,8000 procedures annually including complex surgery such as
- Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Innovative technology that supports a variety of complex surgical procedures
- Two daVinci Xi robots for general, thoracic, and GYN procedures
- Stryker and Medtronic Navigation for orthopedic, spine, and neurosurgical procedures
- O-arm for spine surgery
- ProAxis Spine table for complex spine surgery
- MAKO robot for total knee arthroplasty
- High surgeon satisfaction ratings
- Low staff turnover
- Partnership with Texas A&M School of Nursing to provide Perioperative Internship/Capstone for spring semester students (in 4th year currently). This is a focused clinical experience involving completion of AORN Periop 101 modules and 120 hours of clinical experience for 4 nursing students.
What You Will Do:
Communicate with patients prior to scheduled surgery to ensure that required patient education and
clinical assessment are accomplished.
- Conduct an in-depth interview with patient to ensure full understanding of the surgical procedure, required preparation, and all other relevant information.
- Review patient's medical history and medications, assess health status, and identify any medical anomalies that may impact planned surgery.
- Initiate consultation with other physicians and/or order additional pre-operative testing, as needed.
- Provide counsel to patient or patient's representative regarding timing, transportation before and after surgery, and planning for in-patient stay as needed.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.