We Are Hiring:
RN Registered Nurse - Medical ICU
Seton Medical Center Austin - Austin, TX
Schedule: 7PM - 7AM, three shifts per week.
*Must have 1 year plus ICU experience - Highly Preferred*
Come, join Ascension as an ICU nurse and start living and loving your calling! At Ascension Seton, we know where our true value lies. It's not only the eleven-county area and more than 1.8 million people we serve. It's in our associates. Including, possibly, you.
We offer a Robust Sign on Bonus / Competitive Compensation / Excellent Benefits
Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin is a leader in cardiac care and complex critical care patients in Central Texas. Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin is a part of Ascension, a non-profit organization. Our team approach brings together a wide range of specialists, advanced technology and treatments.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Highlights of our Facility:
- Academic Hospital with 400 beds
- Specialties include: Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Women's Health, Orthopedics, Pulmonary Medicine, Oncology
- Heart Transplant Center
- TJC certified VAD Center
- ELSO Gold Center of Excellence for ECMO
- Advance Critical Care Management
- DNV Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Level IV Trauma Center
- Nursing Career Portfolio available
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition asappropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Advanced Life Support preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.