We Are Hiring:
RN Registered Nurse - Endoscopy Endo GI
Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin - Austin, TX
Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm (8 hour shifts)
Call requirements Monday - Friday after hours, holidays and weekends.
*Experience in an ambulatory surgical center, critical care or procedural area preferred.
*Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment a plus.
Now Offering Sign-On bonus/Relocation Bonus
*Payout based on education, experience and specialty
Here is why you want to work at Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin!
- Magnet designation
- Stemi center of excellence
- Primary Stroke Center
- Disease specific certification in hip/knee and spine surgery
- ECMO team
- Currently seeking 5 Star recognition
- 26 Operating Rooms
- 14,000 procedures annually including complex surgery such as
- Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Innovative technology that supports a variety of complex surgical procedures
- daVinci Xi robots for general, thoracic, and GYN procedures
- Stryker and Medtronic Navigation for orthopedic, spine, and neurosurgical procedures
- O-arm for spine surgery
- ProAxis Spine table for complex spine surgery
- MAKO robot for total knee arthroplasty
- High surgeon satisfaction ratings
- Low staff turnover
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate ability to use clinical practice guidelines, standards and best practices, staff development strategies, fiscal management principles, and performance improvement techniques to achieve desired outcomes for service excellence, patient and associate safety, and quality outcomes.
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.